Chapter 36- Ferrero Rocher

"What the hell are you even talking about?" -Grayson Hawthorne

---

Apart from my sister, Jameson, and Grayson. Nobody else in Hawthorne house knew about the shooting incident. There was an investigation going on with everyone and I had to lay low just in case the shooter ended up actually being one of them.

The spider thing last night with Xander was carefully watched by more than one security guard. Mike was there, yes, but there were apparently others too. I shuddered at the thought of being watched without my own knowledge.

I twisted my hair and held it up with a claw clip. I was wearing my school uniform, I just hoped that I wouldn't have any tests today. I didn't need the stress of school mixing in with everything else, I could handle showing up and writing down notes but that's about it. I sighed as I turned to my right, I had the balcony doors open for Orion.

I watched as my dog laid on the beige floor with the sun beaming on his black fur. "I'll be back soon." I smiled at him, silently thanking whoever was up there that I didn't get shot. If I did then I wouldn't have been able to see my dog ever again.

I headed for the door and left the room. I needed to eat breakfast and if I remembered correctly, Grayson had invited me for some.

"Good morning, Mike." I was giddy. The man just nodded at me as his way of a greeting. I ignored his lack of words and began making my way to the dining room. "Where's Libby?" I asked, remembering that she still didn't know about the incident, unless of course Avery had already told her.

"Downstairs with the rest." he answered. The rest? "What do you mean?" I asked for some clarification. Mike just kept a cold expression, "Everyone currently residing in Hawthorne House is in the dining room." he answered.

Mike was unusually acting a lot like Oren. Avery's bodyguard always answered straight to the point and didn't really know how to joke around, mine was like a professional friend. Oren scared me but Mike made me feel very at home here, with Mike I was guaranteed safety and a person to talk to.

"Is something wrong?" I asked but he shook his head and wordlessly followed me. I frowned to myself, "Okay then." I kept my thoughts to myself as we walked.

I entered the dining room, expecting chaos but it was surprisingly pleasant. I scanned the crowd and spotted Xander. We exchanged smiles as I headed for Libby and Nash. "Hey there spider." Nash greeted me, "Very funny considering you were screaming like a little girl last night." Libby teased him. "You wish darlin'." he chuckled.

I felt myself inwardly smile, their dynamic was really sweet. Cowboy with a slightly obsessive baker. It was a match made in heaven.

"Have you guys eaten yet?" I asked them, noticing all the food in the room. "Rors, I don't eat breakfast remember." Libby looked at me like I was kidding. How could I have forgotten something about my own sister. I felt like a fake. I was too preoccupied with Avery that I haven't really been able to check up on Libby.