Chapter 25- Glazed Donuts

"Going to my room

"Going to my room." -Grayson Hawthorne

---

Someone knocked at my door, it was late and I wanted to sleep but I stood up from my bed nonetheless. The person knocked again, "Let me in." he said, it was Grayson.

Of course, because who else would it be bothering me this late?

I took my sweet time in greeting him, "What do you want?" I asked as I opened the door just a bit. He pushed it open wider and strode inside like he owned the place, "An 'excuse me' would've been good too." I made eye contact with Mike and shook my head in annoyance. He just smiled politely before crossing his arms. I closed the door.

Grayson shut my bedroom lights, except for the lamps, and took his shoes off, "What are you doing?" I asked, confused. "Shhh." he said then walked over to my bed, "You aren't sleeping here are you?" I crossed my arms and walked over to him. I was wearing my plaid pajama pair.

"Shhh." he repeated, placing a finger over his lips. "Tell me what you're doing here then." I said, standing beside him. He was messing up my bed, he took a pillow off and walked to the door that connected me and Avery's room.

Orion stayed seated on my bed as he watched Grayson act like a maniac. I pet my dog and kissed his head before following the stupid, stupid man. "Grayson!" I whisper-yelled, not wanting to wake my sister up.

"Jameson's gone, he wasn't in his room so I suspect that he went to meet Avery." he whispered back, placing the pillow against the floor and door to muffle any noise coming from my room. "Are you spying on him?" I asked, Grayson sat on the floor and pressed an ear against the door.

He waved me over, "Your sister said she knew why Tobias left you guys the money. At first I thought it was a lie but now.." he said as I took a seat beside him and listened for noise in Avery's side.

"If she knew, she would tell me." I defended but I started to doubt that. She would tell me, right?

Grayson stayed silent as we listened.

Orion jumped off my bed and walked over to us, his bell jingled. Someone spoke in Avery's room. "Take his collar off." Grayson said before pressing his head against the door harder. I rolled my eyes at him before taking Orion in my arms and unclasping his collar. I placed it on the floor beside me.

The voices in Avery's room became understandable. "Hold on, let me check if Rors is asleep." she said.

Grayson and I shared a look of horror. I stood up immediately with Orion and ran to my bed as quietly as possible. Grayson took the pillow and collar off the ground and followed me. I placed Orion down on my bed before I got under the covers.

"Move." Grayson whispered at me as he set the pillow down and got in bed with me. I didn't budge, "Hide behind a curtain." I shooed him away but the doorknob twisting made me shut up and let him stay.