Chapter 17- Milkshakes

"He's a Hawthorne, what did you expect?" -Thea Calligaris(reference hide and seek: stranger things)

(reference hide and seek: stranger things)

---

Everyone was whispering today, openly whispering and gawking at me. I guess the picture spread like wildfire. "Hi Lorelai." Thea greeted me with a smile, she seemed nice. "Everyone saw the picture of you and Grayson." she started as we walked together.

We didn't speak after I asked her directions yesterday so this was kind of suspicious. "I must warn you though, the last girl that got involved with a Hawthorne brother died." was she trying to scare me, because it sure as hell wasn't working.

Death and I were friends, I don't fear her. "I'm not involved with Grayson that way." I corrected her thoughts. Avery and I met eyes across the hallway. She started walking towards me and Thea.

"But the article made it look like you were." she frowned in confusion, "We are far from that." I clarified again. I wanted to leave and hide in my room, I didn't like this. I felt like an injured kitten that people were throwing rocks at. "Rory." Avery reached us, she and Thea exchanged glances before I was whisked away by my twin.

"That's Thea Calligaris." she told me, I didn't know her last name was Calligaris.

"He's a Hawthorne what did you expect!" I heard Thea yell once Ave and I were a few feet away from her. My cheeks started heating up. "Ignore her." Avery held onto me as we walked into an empty bathroom.

I wanted to ask her about Thea's name but my heart was beating too loud to think. "Rory breathe with me." Avery had noticed what was happening. I was on the brink of an attack but I closed my eyes and imitated her breathing. It was hard the first few time because my throat wouldn't stop hitching but I made it work.

Soon, I conquered the panic and calmed down to a vegetative state. "I want to leave." I told her. "Don't let them win." she hugged me tightly.

---

"Is it true you're pregnant?" some girl asked me in class, "I'm not pregnant." I told her, where the hell was this coming from? I thought this school was a miracle, ended up being the exact opposite.

---

I was crying again, I sat by myself in the bathtub while I sobbed. I needed my mom, she would know what to do. My name hasn't even been in the spotlight for a month and I was already in a sex scandal. I didn't want to be in a sex scandal, I wanted my mom.

My heart buried itself deep inside me as I wailed, I didn't know how to get out of the warm water. I didn't want to. I took a shallow breath before letting out a painful ear-piercing scream. My throat immediately grew sore but I couldn't stop crying. I hated Grayson so much that it hurt.