Chapter 39- Pudding

"Nag, nag, nag

"Nag, nag, nag." -Rory Grambs
(Libby's POV)

---

"Libby, come on." Nash was chasing after me, "No, I swear if you make me model another pair of cowboy boots I'm going to--" he knocked the air out of my lungs by picking me off the ground. Nash's arms were wrapped tightly across my abdomen as he spun me around, "Stop! I'm going to hit something." we were in the area my sister Rory called "Hallway of Eyes".

Painting upon painting hung on the walls and there was a little stand every few feet with some head or item carved out of marble on it.

I hit the hands that held me and tried kicking my way out instead, "Nash, I'm going to seriously injure you the second you let me go." I threatened, to no avail. He seemed unaffected by it.

"Then I guess I'll never have to let you go." his voice was softer, more intimate. I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter around, "Fine, I'll just live out the rest of my life like this. Suffering, trapped." I sighed dramatically, I couldn't see his face so I wouldn't know but I hoped he was smiling. "Can't complain about that." he replied with that accent of his.

I stopped my attempts on escaping and slumped against him as I tried to become heavier. "Darlin' I know what you're trying to do." I could feel his chest vibrating against my back. I ignored my feelings and gave a go at sliding out of his grasp. "I'm not trying to do anything, darlin'." I mimicked his accent but it came out all botchy, a few chuckles escaped Nash's lips, "You're cute when you copy me, you know?"

Footsteps. The both of us paused, "Lorelai, I told you we should check it again and then solve it." it was Nash's brother, Grayson. Suddenly, I was let go. I rubbed my ribcage because it grew sore from his tight grip. "Come on." Nash took me by the hand. That simple act alone sent my heart racing.

The cowboy hurried over to a painting, I glanced behind us to see if my sister and her boyfriend were already in the hallway. They weren't.

Nash felt along the frame and pressed something, it clicked. Was Rory right? Were there really holes in the eyes of some paintings? "Hurry." Nash held the painting open for me and let go of my hand so I could enter the space first.

I walked into the tiny room with Nash right behind me, "You're so slow." I teased. We've been acting like James Bond and hiding from people when we go out on late night strolls like this. It wasn't because we were embarrassed of being seen with each other, we just didn't want the people in the house to talk like they did when Jameson spread the fact that Rory and Grayson cuddled.

"Did you really have to bring that?" Rory's voice grew closer. Nash shut the painting, leaving us in the dark. "Yes, I need it." Grayson replied.