☆8☆

Everyone in the crowd clapped as the Camera man approached Melvin.
"Mr. Thorpe." The Camera man cleared his throat. "Something happened with the cameras and...Unfortunately, we didn't get that last part."

"What?!" Melvin asked angrily as he noticed David in the corned of his eye.
"Oh... I see..." He mumbled. "Mr. David!"

Everyone turned towards David, who was about the exit. He slowly turned around towards Melvin.
"Come here." Melvin motioned one of his fingers towards him.
David walked towards him as whispers began to form amongst the audience.
When David stood in front of Melvin, the reporter quietly, and angrily, said "Come with me, we need to talk."

Melvin then looked back at the audience. He forced a fake smile as he spoke to them. "Thank you lovely Texans, for coming to my show. I hope everybody in this room has a good evening."

Melvin led David back to his dressing room.
"Now..." Melvin began. "I know that you and Ed came here because you didn't exactly like that I was gonna report on that sinful establishment. But what you did was totally out of line."

"You know what, Melvin? You're right." David admitted. "I'm sorry for ruining your show. I'll make it up to you. I'll take you to dinner if you'd like?"

David went to find Ed Earl to let him know he was taking Melvin to dinner.
"Dinner?" Ed Earl scoffed. "Why are you taking that oversized fart to dinner? Because you ruined the last few seconds of his show?"

"Ed Earl, he plans on doing more reports on the ranch. Maybe I cam convince him to forget it by making it up to him along with giving him some good reasons to why he should leave the ranch alone. "

"Oh...well then, you go get along so you don't keep him waiting. I guess I'll meet you back here." He then thought for a moment. "I should come with you."

"Trust me, Sheirff. I got this one."

*******
As Melvin drove his car, David quietly sat in the seat beside him. He was staring out of the window, watching as buildings passed him by quickly, becoming blurs.
The radio was playing at a low volume. He wasn't sure if Melvin was paying attention to it or not. Soon though, Melvin did when one of David's songs came on.

Quickly, he glanced over at him to see if he was paying attention.
"Why did you move to that small town?" Melvin suddenly asked, breaking the silence. "Ain't you a singer or somethin' ?"
"I don't really want to talk about it, Melvin." David quickly answered.

When they arrived at the small place, it was packed. They walked into the place. Luckily, an old couple was just leaving as they arrived.
Both sat across from eacheachother as a waiter came towards them.
"Oh hello there." She smiled at Melvin, knowing who he was. "Everyone is talking about your show, they can't wait to hear more from you."

Melvin glared at David quickly before he spoke to the waiter.
She asked what they to drink before writing it down on her notepad and walked off.

As she walked off, David began to talk to Melvin.
"Melvin, again, I am truly sorry for my behavior at your show. But I will ask you this, could you please not do anymore reports on The Chicken Ranch?"
Melvin just looked at him. He then sighed aggravated. "And why do you ask me that? Is it because you're a regular there? Of course that would only reason somebody doesn't want it shut down."

David ignored his question and comment. "Well, for starters, they're humans like you and me. And most of those workers depend on Miss Mona's business. If uou were to throw them all out right now, all of them, except maybe Miss Mona, would have nowhere to go. They would all be on the streets for awhile or maybe even the rest of their lives. Their lives could also be cut short by it too. Them being on the streets is way more dangerous then a brothel where the woman has strict ruled that keeps her girls safe. Even if some are not that reasonable. Plus, it's not like that it's non-consentsual."

"Ah, you see David, what those workers are doing is against the law. And I'm in Law Enforcement-"

"Oh...I see..." David cut him off, nodding his head. "You're one of those people. The people who think that every wrong thing they see has to be brought to light as you would say. What's it called?..." David thought tapping his chin. "Oh! A do-gooder! That's what you are. Even if it's not hurting anyone, you still tell about it. Miss Mona trys to keep her girls as safe as possoble-"

Melvin held his hand up, stopping David. "David, I will say it again, what these girls are doing is against The Law. Maybe the laws in London are different then the ones in America, but-"

"Melvin..." David sighed feeling frustrated.

He reached both of his hands across the table to grab Melvin's hands.
"Melvin...just..."
"David, now don't try to drag me to that house of sin."

"Shut up Melvin!" David snapped at him, making him jump. "I don't think you have been listening to me this whole time. So just be quiet and stop thinking about the law for a moment."

"Ahem."

David jerked his head around to see the same waiter standing there awkwardly.
David moved his hands out the way so that she could place their drinks down.

She laughed nervously. "Well, what would you like for dinner?"
She took their orders. Before racing off with them, she said something to David.
"Uh, David, I remember you. You're the feller my brother almost shot because you were wearing a dress. Ha, Ha, yeah, sorry about that."