☆26☆

Well, they were getting everything ready while the aggies were playing. Ed Earl felt a little sorry for David, so he invited him over to Dulcie Mae's home.
Dulcie Mae was the woman who worked at the cafe in town. She had a younger son too, and was a single mother.

"Hello, Ed Earl." Dulcie Mae smiled at him.
"Hello, Dulcie Mae."
He gestured his hand at David. "This is my deputt I've been telling you about." He leaned a bit closer to her. "He's uh- He's a bit shy and on top of that he's lost his really good friend. I hope you don't mind, really."
"Oh, of course not." Dulcie Mae laughed nervously as she looked at him. "I- any friend of Ed Earl's is a friend of mine."

Ed Earl nodded and then walked into the house, past Dulcie Mae. Dulcie Mae looked at David and then walked back into the house. She wasn't too fond of him, really. And David knew that.
David walked up the steps and into the house to see Ed Earl and her son sitting on the couch, waiting for the game to begin.
"I'll be over in the kitchen making dinner for everyone." Dulcie Mae spoke. "If you need anything, let me know."

"Hey, Ed Earl." The boy pointed at David. "You know him?"
He smiled at him as Ed Earl looked over. "Mmhm. Told you didn't I?"
"He doesn't look like he knows anything about football."
"Well, sonny, that doesn't mean anything." Ed Earl looked back at David. "Do you know anything?"
"No."

"Ed Earl, are we gonna have to explain it to him?"

"No, no." David replied as he sat down beside Ed Earl. "No, I'll catch on. I know I will."

Well he didn't.

For the most part, David just zoned out and stared at the TV quietly.
At one point, though, he glanced over at them two and saw her son drink some of Ed Earl's beer.
"Don't let your mother catch you doing that." Ed Earl had told him, being completely fine with a ten year old drinking. But maybe thats just how things are in this town.

It made sense to David now what Ed Earl did.
Being friends with Ed Earl,  he noticed many things about him and now this was one of the things that he was just now realizing, even though he's seen it many times.

Ed Earl had Dulcie Mae as his in-town wife and had Mona as his mistress. And he even brought the little boy into it all when he wanted to play weekend father. Mona hadn't seen other men since her and Ed Earl were together, and she doubt he had done the same as her. That should just say something, about their relationship.
It made him a bit angry at Ed Earl, especially since he was double standard. He got all mad at Mona because he thought David had slept with her like Melvin had said.

When the game was finally over, David looked over at Ed Earl.

"Who won?"

"The Aggies."

"Yeehaw."

**********
In the locker rooms, the boys were all Yee-hawing and going wild. Slapping each others asses, smacking each other with their shirts, doing somersaults in mid air, you know.

Just then, the senator walked in.

He watched as they all acted like animals. Yee-hawing, screaming, ass slapping, shirt slapping, somersaults, you name it.
One even stole the senator's hat right off his head.

"Alright...settle down, ya'll." He said calmly as they all did as they were told.
"Boys!" He smiled widelt at them all. "This was the greatest victory since General Eisenhower!"

"Say, Senator. You ain't forgot that you was gonna take us on down to that Chicken Ranch, right?" One asked.

"Yeah! How about it?" Another piped in as they gave him his hat back.

"I always keep my campaign promises, hm?"

"Yes sir!" Another boy said.

"That chicken ranch is a fine institution. To hell with that Melvin P. Thorpe!"

"Yeah! Yee-haw!" They all screamed.

"I'll see you all at Miss Mona's then!" The senator called to them as he left the room.

All of the Aggie boys began singing about how they were going to get it on tonight at The Chicken Ranch. They were saying how excited all of the women were going to be, and how they were just as excited too.
But, ironically, they were all acting very homoerotic. You know, just your typical football boys.

(Here's the song for anyone who wants to listen to it: https://youtu.be/_Hek3p-q8Ys )