☆15☆

The Chicken Ranch was now safe.

Melvin had once again promised to forget the whole thing.
"I give you my word." Melvin had told him.
And David believed him.

Melvin may of realized that sex workers do have empathy and can donate to the community or in general. At first though, he said he wasn't going to talk about the ranch anymore was because of David. It didn't have anything to do with anybody in the brothel at all.

Of course, as things went on, Melvin realized that David was right.

The reporter and the rockstar went on their first date to  restaurant in the area. When they entered, if course some of the people stared at them both. Because David was a deputy, and he was with the man him and Ed Earl were fighting against to keep The Chicken Ranch safe.

David didn't care. He had been used to people staring at him in general. Plus, if anybody were to ask Ed Earl, he would say that they were just friends.
Melvin on the other hand, was a bit nervous as he saw everyone look and whisper.

David had worn the suit that Mona had given to him. The soft blue was a major contrast from his vibrant red hair, but David still looked great in it. They sat down at a seat. Above them, hung a lantern that trickled light down onto both of them as they sat across from each other.

Soon after they arrived, a waiter came up to them.
She greeted them in a friendly manner, although, as she was asking what they would like to drink, she kept glaring at Melvin.
After she had wrote down what they wanted, she smiled at David and flashed another glare at Melvin before leaving.

"I don't think that woman likes me too well. Along with everyone else." Melvin sighed.
"Well, forget them then. Not everyone is gonna like you in life. I would think you'd know that."

"Usually I wouldn't even care, but that was before I met you. I guess you can say that you knocked me off my high horse." Melvin replied. "Thank you, I needed that."

"Your welcome." David smiled.

"Could I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Is it true you divorced Mick Jagger." Melvin bluntly asked.

"Oh I forgot all about that man." David sighed sadly. "Yes, I did."
"Well why's that? How was he?"
"Well...He left me for a 78-year-old with heart failure..." David trailed off, his face turning red out of embarrassment.

"Really. Hm, well I guess you're both even." Melvin grinned.

"Why?" David asked quietly.

"Because I'm 14 years older than you."

"How lovely." The waiter sarcastically chirped as she set down the drinks.
She stood back and grabbed her pen and notepad.
"I suppose you two are ready to order, hm?" She asked flatly.
"No. We didn't even look at the menu at all. We were too busy talking." David told her.

"Oh, well that's alright. I can just wait here for you two." She smiled as she leaned against David.
He chuckled nervously as he grabbed one of the menus from beside him.
"Could you please get off him? You can clearly see he doesn't like that." Melvin firmly told her.

She gave Melvin another glare, but that wasn't much of a suprise. Slowly, she moved away from David and stood beside him instead.

*****
"You what I was thinking?" Melvin asked as they ate their food. "I was thinking about when I get back to Houston, I could get one of those albums of yours and listen to it. I'm sure I could find one."

"Hm. Well, tell me which one it is when you get done with it. What you like and don't like." David spoke. "I didn't know you liked rock n roll."

"I don't. But maybe you'll be an exception."