☆27☆

"Say," Ed Earl began as they drove away. "That was a real nice meal that Dulcie whipped up don'cha think?"
"It was. Sorry I didn't pay attention to the game." David apologized.

"Oh, it's- it's fine. I guess you just haven't gotten into it...yet." Ed Earl said. "You wanna go back to my place? Celebrate? Have some drinks?"

"Speaking of, why the hell are you driving?" David crossed his arms and glanced at him.
"Because, I run this town. Plus, I'm still in my right mind."
"Oh, alright." David replied.

"Still doesn't mean you won't kill us both." He thought to himself.

"So, you want me to drop you off back at yer' house or you wanna come back with me and you can go back in the morning?"
David grinned a bit. "Oh, sure. Why not? It'll be fun."

"I feel real sorry for them Aggies though, I must admit. They must have been lookin' forward to goin' to The Chicken Ranch." Ed Earl shook his head in sympathy.
"Must've. What do you think Fred's doing?" David questioned.
"Probably about to go walking around town, makin' his rounds there. He might stop in, say hi, wish us a nice night, you know..."

"Yes, I know."

Ed Earl snorted. "My, I heard something today."
"What was it?" David asked.
"Ah, you get all mad about it. It was about...you." Ed Earl shook his head as his laughter remained a bit. "If you heard it, and you weren't mad, you'd be hurt. That's for sure."

"Oh."

"You see...David." Ed Earl put his hand on his shoulder, and began talking seriously. "You see, people around here aren't use to fellers like you. It's not everyday they see a red headed, snaggled toothed, wild eyed, dress wearing, string bean of a man like you in town."

"Thanks for the compliment." David muttered.

"BUT!" Ed Earl yelled loudly, which made David jump.. "We try to be nice, but some people in this town, they talk behind others backs. But that's just in all communities. I heard the other day that these boys in our school, well, they were all bored and stuff and I heard some nasty things they said about you." He shook his head.

"Ed Earl, whatever it is, it can't be something that I haven't experienced before. I mean, hell, last time I was in Houston I almost died for wearing a dress. A piece of clothing, Ed Earl."

"Look, David. Personally, I don't think it's natural for men to wear women's clothing-"

"So you would shoot me is what you are saying?" David cut him off.

"Well, no. I would probably laugh to myself though. But people, down here at least, aren't used to that. Up north they may be gettin' used to it but down here? Like I said, they aren't yet. Course, you always have you nice folks who offer you their hospitality and the ones who don't. Maybe though, you'll change things a bit."

David shrugged, but took the compliment. "Maybe."

*********
As the football boys still sang, while their bus was moving, everyone in the brothel were getting ready.
Lou was helping Mona out this year, giving everyone their outfits.
"Do we have to wear these ball gowns again?" One of the girls groaned.
"Yes you do, and I don't want to hear anymore bitchin' about it. You know Miss Mona likes to create somethin' special when it comes to these boys."

********
And so, the aggie boys got there. But their bus broke down.
So, they had to improvise:
They saw an old man driving by in his car. The old man saw them and stopped, asking if they needed any help. The driver nodded and explain the situation.

So, they all arrived to The Chicken Ranch, piled in his car, or on top of his car. Still singing and waving their hats around.