☆10☆

Ed Earl and David both ended up visiting Houston two days later to go horseback riding with Melvin.
Ed Earl was reluctant to go because he was still bitter from Melvin's show. But David convinced him to go.
David was actually kind of excited to go. He had been thinking about it quite a bit, but not too much. Now, they were going to Houston horses.

When they got there, the sun's rays beamed down on them. Hot it was, but luckily, it wasn't too humid that day.
"Ah, I see you fellas made it." Melvin greeted as he approached them. "Glad you came."
"Hello Melvin, of course we'd come. If we were not going to come, we would have told you." David replied.

Melvin stuck his hand out for both of them to shake. Ed Earl first shoke his hand, then David.

"So, partner...Where do we go?" Ed Earl asked Melvin.
"Here you have two different areas." Melvin began as he held his hand out to his left. "This is the area where you go for lessons."
He then pointed to his right. "Then, this is the area where people who just wanna ride horses go. I already payed for all of us. They should be ready with our horses in a few minutes."

"Really? You paid?" Ed Earl asked raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Why, of course. Me taking you here and paying is my way of saying sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Ed Earl asked, knowing the answer.
"For the show."
"Really." Ed Earl said flatly, and unconvinced.
Melvin opened the door, went in, them held the door for David and Ed Earl.
"Yes. You see, when David took me to lunch the other day, he opened my eyes."

"Really?"

Ed Earl looked over at David and gave him a slight smile.

They all sat down beside one another. Ed Earl took his hat off and dropped it onto his lap, while David's rested on his back as it was held by it's strings around his neck.
"David, are you working on a new album?" Melvin asked, wanting to start a conversation.

"Yes, I am. Or at least, I'm trying to." David spoke.

"Trying to?"

"He has writer's block, Melvin." Ed Earl said. "Song writer's block. He wants to write some songs, but nothing is coming to his mind. Y'know?"
"Maybe try another genre of music?" Melvin suggested.
"Hm." David said to himself, as he thought about that.
It went silent after that before a woman walked into the room.

"Alright, gentlemen." She smiled at them. "Your horses are ready, I can take you out to them if you'd like."
She glanced at the three but stopped as her eyes met David's. She felt lightheaded, and like she might faint.
David smiled at her, not knowing who she was, but she knew who he was. She had met him before.

"Thank you, Amara." Melvin thanked her as he stood up to go out the door. "I think we can walk ourselves over to the horses, but thanks anyways."
Ed Earl followed Melvin out the door.

David was following but Amara grabbed his wrist.
He turned his head towards her as she looked deeply into his eyes, as if she was trying to see his soul.
They stood like this for a few moments without saying anything.
"Uh, Amara, right?" He smiled awkwardly. "Could you please let me go?"

She looked at him.

"You don't remember me, do you?" Her voice sounding like it might cry.
"I'm sorry, I don't."
"But that's impossible! You have to remember me! We met at that bar one night, remember?" She exclaimed.

"I'm really sorry, but I've never seen you before. Or at least, I don't think I have? Is their something that you want from me or something?" He asked her.
"I want to remember me, you pasty toothpick!" She hissed.

"David? Are you coming?" Melvin asked as he walked back into the room.
Amara looked up and quickly released his arm and smiled.
"Yes, Melvin. I am." David quickly said as he walked past him, and out of the room.