☆13☆

As the two approached the ranch, Mona came running out of the brothel.
"Thank you so much you too." She kissed Ed Earl and then hugged David.
"I was worried we would have to cancel to Thanksgiving celebration we have for The Aggies every year. Even though we aren't even that close to November, but, you know."
"Celebration?" David questioned.

"Yes." Mona replied while pulling away from David. "Every year, The Aggies play football and they win. So, to celebrate, they come on down here to have a little dirty fun."
"Ahh. I see." David nodded his head. "Never heard of that before. Sounds...interesting." He tried to find the right words so he wouldn't offend her. It's not everyday you hear someone say something like that.

"There's just one thing that makes me worried. What if people start investigating themselves?" Mona asked.
"Melvin told me he'd tell everyone he faked it all." David replied, reassuring her.

"Really."

"Yes, he actually did." Ed Earl chimed in. "He told me too."

Now, surprisingly, Melvin did this. Many people couldn't believe it while others were also mad that he had lied. Others were just disappointed because they wanted to hear more about it all.
There was also people who were confused about the whole matter too. Ed Earl had been in the room, and his name was said on TV. Plus, everyone who was watching live had saw him too. Maybe he was a real person? Maybe he was just hired?

But many people outside of Gilbert knew about The Chicken Ranch too.

So, now you had people thinking it wasn't real and was real. Surprisingly though, there wasn't anything much more said about the whole matter after Melvin had said it was all made up. But some people still did wonder.

Some days had passed, and David was in his house heating up some food in the oven (the neighbors made it for him because they knew he didn't knkw how to cook)  when a knock came from the door. He pulled the curtain that hung in front of the door to keep people from looking in. He saw that Mona was standing there.
"Hi Ms. Mona." David said as he opened the door and walked out onto the patio.
"Well, hello there David. I was just out running some errands and found something that I think you really would like. Think of it as like a 'Thank You' present. Y'know, for helping out Ed Earl. I hope it fits though. I don't know your exact measurements an' everything but it looks like you could fit it." Mona extended her hand which held the bag. "I also got something for Ed Earl too. I'm gonna drop it off after I leave here."

"I appreciate this and everything but you really didn't have to do this." He said, as he tried to look inside. "I think Ed Earl would also deserve this more than me, but I'm not complaining."

"Oh nonsense. It's no trouble at all. Besides, between the two of us, you did a better job at convincing that reporter than him from what I heard." She said in a low tone.
"Well," she said in her normal tone. "I gotta go now. But I'll see you around." Mons waved as she walked down the steps.

"Bye Ms. Mona. See you around." He waved back. "Thank you for the gift."
He opened the door and walked back inside. In the kitchen, he sat it down on one of the chairs at the table. David pulled whatever was in there out, and was met with a baby blue suit that came with a back and yellow striped tie.
He pressed it against his body and looked down at it. Lightly, David brushed his hand across it. "This is a real nice suit." He said out loud.

Soon, another knock came from the front came.

David glanced back as another knock came from the door. He quickly put it back in the bag before going over and answering it. Once again, he pulled the curtain back and was met with someone.

There, Melvin stood.

"Oh." David suddenly said after he saw him. "Hello there, Melvin."
"Howdy." Melvin greeted awkwardly.
For a few moments, it didn't hit David. But soon, it did.
"How did you find my address?" David skeptically asked Melvin.
"Ah, well, you see, I ran into one of the other deputies. Real friendly feller, I asked him about you and he told me where you lived."

"Leave it to Fred... good thing I know Melvin." David thought to himself.

"Well, what brings you out here?" David spoke as he stepped out of the house 
"Someone I know was comin' out down here to visit someone they knew. They asked if I'd like to come, and I did."
"Than you wanted to come visit me?" David smiled a bit.

"yes. I did."

"Than come in."

*******
"Damn it." David cursed as he opened the door to the oven.
"What's the matter?"
"I can smell it. I think I burnt my food a bit."

"Oh, just scrap the black parts off if you hate tasting burnt that much. Or just eat it." Melvin said back to him.
David just sat down with his slightly burnt food and began to eat. Melvin had noticed the bag that was in the other chair.
"What's that?" He asked regarding it.
"A gift. From Miss Mona." David told him.
"Miss Mona? As in, the madame of The Chicken Ranch Miss Mona?" Melvin asked suprised.
"Yes. But don't call her madam. She doesn't like that."
"What did she get you?" Melvin questioned, ignoring what David had just said.

"A suit. You can look at it if you'd like." David nodded towards it. He went back to eating his food as he could heard Melvin taking the bag and pulling the suit out of it.
"What do you think?" David questioned without looking up from his plate.
"I think it suits you very well. Very nice too." Melvin grinned. "Have you tried it on?"

"Not yet." David stood up. "I can if you want me too. See how it fits me."
Before anything else could be said, David took the suit out of Melvin's hands and rushed to his room to change. "Help yourself to anything you'd like." He called from his room.
Melvin gazed out of the window at David's backyard. It was nothing special. Just an ordinary backyard. Melvin's mind began to wonder on what David could look like when he walked out and into the kitchen. Of course, he'd look magnificent, majestic, and the beauty that radiated from him would be otherworldly.

Soon, he could hear footsteps approach him which made him turn around and look.
There, David stood in the suit.
"I have to say I love it myself. I'll have to call Mona and tell her that. What do you think?"
Melvin gazed upon the utter beauty that stood in front of him. He could almost see David glowing that was how majestic he looked. He could even smell the burnt forest fire marshmallow smell on him all the way over there. Melvin felt as if he might faint from his raw gorgeousness. And to think Melvin had once saw this man as a creep, a weirdo even. But David was none of those.

"It looks swell on you." Melvin finally spoke after the long silence that passed.
David smiled widely. You would think that David would think Melvin was lying from how long it had took for him to answer, but no.

His cowboy boots clicked against the ground (Yes, Ed Earl bought him the cowboy boots).
He then did a 360° turn for Melvin before he said that he was going to take it off.