𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 ||ʙᴏᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ||

I wake up the next morning still tired. I have a shower and get dressed into a short sleeved striped t-shirt and some denim jeans.
(Basically this, if you want)

I walk downstairs to see my mum sitting on the couch watching the TV.
"Hey Mum" I say standing behind the couch.
"Sh! I'm tryna listen."
"Jeez okay." I mumble then put my focus on the TV. Eddie's name flashed across the bottom of the screen. "Um bye Mum. I...gotta do something......"
"Yeah okay be careful." She says not looking at me.
"Yeah I'll be careful." I say quietly as I walk out the door.
I don't have a car but I know how to drive, I walk back inside.
"Mum can I borrow your car?"
"Uh sure."
"Yes thank you."

I sit in the car for a little thinking about where Eddie might go. He definitely didn't murder that girl. It takes a little while but eventually I think of where Eddie could be hiding.
I drive to Reafer Ricks house and when I get there it doesn't seem like anybody is at the house but that when I see the boat house. I open the door and say.
"Surprise! Sup Eddie it's just me, Y/n the best person in the world."
Eddie takes the tarp off and sits up in the boat. "You fucking scared me." He breaths out. "How'd you find me?"
"You said last year if you ever needed to hide somewhere it would be here."
"Oh. I did too."
"Anyway." I say "I'm here to keep you company until something happens."
"Yay." He says sarcastically.
"Don't act so disappointed, I could've turned you in but no I didn't."
"I'm kidding. It's good to have company."
"I know. Especially if it's me." I laugh
"Oh shut up" he laughs along.

Time skip

Me and Eddie talk about the most randomist stuff ever but suddenly we hear a car. Eddie jumps in the boat with tarp over him while I hide in the back corner behind a heap of shelves.
Nothing happens for a few minutes until the door opens, I don't know who it is until they start talking.
"What are you doing?" Dustin Henderson, one if Eddie's child friends says.
"Well he might be in here!" Steve. Steve whisper yells.
"Just take the tarp off!" Dustin whisper yells back.
"If you're so brave you take the tarp off."
"Someone has been here recently." I think the girl called Max says.
"Maybe he got scared and ran." A voice I can't place says.
"Oh don't worry Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin says
"You know what-
Steve is cut off by Eddie jumping out of the boat and screaming, he has Steve against the wall with a knife to his throat. I stay in corner.
"EDDIE! EDDDIEEEE! IT'S MEEE! ITS ME DUSTINNN!" Dustin yells. "This is Max my friend, the one who never wants to play D&D and uh Robin, you know Robin from band!" That's who it was I couldn't place, the girl from the video store, Robin. "And Steve, he's cool. We just wanna help."
I can't see exactly what's happening but I think Eddie steps away from Steve.
"Just tell us what happened."
"You-you wouldn't believe me."
"Try us." Max says.

"She was uh lifted up into the air." Eddie was explaining what happened. "And she just hung there....in the air and uh she, her bones started to snap. Her eyes man, it was like there was something inside her head pulling." He pauses "I...I didn't know what to do so I, I ran away. I left her there but you all think I'm crazy right?"
"No, no. We believe you." Dustin says
"Don't bullshit me man! I know how this sounds!"
"We're not bullshitting you." Max says.
"We believe you." Robin says.
"Look what I'm about to say might come as a shock." Dustin says.
"Okay..."
"You know how people say Hawkins is cursed?"
"Yeah..."
"Well they're not far off. There's another world. Beneath Hawkins and sometimes it bleeds into ours."
"Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asks, I'm genuinely curious too.
"There are some things....worse than ghosts."
"These monsters, we thought they were gone but they've come back before. That's why we needed to find you."
"If they're back again,we need to know."
"That night, did you see anything?" Dustin asks
"Dark particles maybe?" Max adds
"It would almost look like dust, swirling dust."
"No man, there was nothing you could see or touch." Eddie pauses again. "You know I tried to wake her man, she couldn't move. It was like she was in a trance or something."
"Or under a spell."
"A curse."
"Vecna's curse."
"Who's vecna?" Steve asks.
"An undead creature of great power."
"A spell caster."
"A dark wizard."
At the moment, I creep out of the corner walk up behind Steve and whisper in his ear.
"Hi Steve."
He screams and jumps a good way back, I crack up laughing.
"What is wrong with you!?" He yells at me.
"Jeez Steve, calm down I was just tryna be nice."
Everyone looks at me in shock except Eddie who is smiling.
"Hello everyone, my name is Y/n and I will help you in anyway you need it. Except you Steve you get no help."
He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"So what's the plan?" I ask.
"Well first of all, we're getting-
"I didn't ask you Steve." I look at Robin. "You, tell me the plan."
"She has a name Y/n." Dustin says.
"Sorryyyy. Robin, tell me the plan." I say
"Um well we're gonna get Eddie food then figure out a proper plan tomorrow." She says awkwardly.
"Nice okay. See yous tomorrow."

Ughhhh you have no idea how long it took me to write this chapter.
Pls vote :)
-Soph