𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹 ||ᴜᴘsɪᴅᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ||

We all walk through the upside down forest until we get to skull rock. We stop because Steve is really bleeding now, he sits down on the ground and leans against the rock. Eddie climbs a small bolder while me and Robin stand next to each other looking around.
Nancy kneels I front of Steve and rips part of her shirt off. She wraps it around Steve, tightly.
"So good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know." Robin says to Steve.
"Robin?"
"Yeah?"
"I kinda wanna punch you."
"Sense of humours still intact. That's a good sign."
"Yeah."

"So uh, this place is like Hawkins but with monsters and nasty shit?" Eddie asks from the top of the rock.
""Pretty much." Nancy answers.
"Mm fun." I roll my eyes, Eddie begins to climb down the rock.
"Wait, watch out for the vines. It's all a hive-mind."
"It's all a what?"
"All the creepy crawlies around here. They're like one or something. Step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on Vecna." Steve explains.
"Shit."
"But everything from our world is still here, right? Except people?"
"As far as I understand it, yeah."
"So theoretically, we could just go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate?"
"I highly doubt to Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin but guns yeah sure." Steve says
"Well we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. I have guns......in my bedroom." Nancy says which shocks me.
"You, Nancy wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?" Eddie asks as he jumps down from the rock.
"Full of surprises isn't she?" Robin says laughing.
"A Russian Makarov and a revolver."
"Yeah you almost shot me with that one." Steve says walking up behind her.
"You almost deserved it."
Eddie throws his jacket at Steve. "It's for your modesty dude."
Suddenly the ground shakes, we all fall over. Robin lands basically on top of me.
"Yeah so guns seem like a pretty good idea to me." Eddie says
"Yeah me too." Robin agrees.
"Do any of you carry any form of weapons on you? Any weapon at all?" Nancy asks as she gets off Steve.
"Why would we have weapo-
"I got two pocket knifes and one not so pocket knife. In my pocket." I say cutting off Robin. Steve looks at me like seriously? Since when? You're fucking psycho.
"Okay good, that's good."
"Why do you have knifes?" Robin asks me.
"I dunno I just do I guess." I shrug.
"That's lovely Y/n. But what are we waiting for? Let's go." Steve says turning the torch on and walking ahead. Nancy follows firs5, then Eddie, I wait for Robin to stand up then we follow too.

Nancy, Robin and I walk in front of Eddie and Steve doing our best not to step on any vines. I don't know when it happened but Robins hand had found it's way into mine, our fingers are intertwined. I let them stay like that, it's a sweet feeling. All of a sudden, once more, the ground is shaking. Robin and mines hands stay together as we try not t fall over.
"Second on my list of least favourite things, earthquakes. Seriously I'm unsteady enough as it is." I laugh at this. Nancy runs off as soon as the ground stops shaking.
"Nancy!? Where are you going!? Nancy!?" Robin yells then starts to run after her. I have no choice but to go to for I don't want our hands to seperate.
Once we catch up to Nancy, she's standing at the edge of the forest looking out at the empty town.
"Come on." She says and we all follow her towards her house.

"Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Eddie says as we enter Nancys house.
"Come on, I don't want to stay here longer than we have too." Nancy runs upstairs and we all follow her. When we're in her room she opens her closet and takes out a cardboard shoe box.
"Those aren't guns."
"Those are heels but I was hoping for a deadly projectile."
"I don't understand."
"Maybe you left them somewhere else." I say shrugging my shoulders.
"There's a six year old in the house. I know where I keep my guns."
"Jeez okay, calm down."
"And also, I threw these away years ago." Nancys eyes fade down onto her desk.
"I get that grades are important to you but maybe these can wait until we get out." Robin says looking at the cards Nancy picked up from her desk.
"These are from sophomore chemistry. And this." Nancy hands motions to the wall. "This wallpaper. This is old wallpaper." Nancy starts running around the room talking about what things she gave away and how long ago she did. She goes back over to her desk and picks up her diary.
"What is it?" I ask
"Nancy, you're freaking me out." Robin adds.
"I think....the reason my guns aren't here is because......they don't exist yet."
"They don't..exist?" Eddie says clearly annoyed.
"This diary is meant to be full of entries but it's not. The last entry is from November 6th, 1983. The day Will went missing. The day the gate opened. We're in the past."
"Oh fuck." I say. All the others run out to Steve who is in the living room screaming Dustin's name, asking if he can hear him.
"Maybe he really does have rabies." Robin whispers in my ear.
"What are you doing?"
"Hello!?" Steve yells as he turns to us, shining the torch light in our faces. "He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here. He's like...he's in the walls or something just listen. Dustin."
We all try and listen, I kind of hear Dustin's voice.
"Dustin!? Dustin!? Hello!? Dustin!?" Steve keeps yelling. We all go around the house yelling Dustin, looking everywhere but he's not here.
"Alright either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag."
"Will found a way."
"What?"
"Will. He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights."
"Lights?"
"Yes lights." Nancy walks over to a lamp flipping the switch on and off but none of them are working.
"Guys? You seeing this?" Steve asks referring to the lights that a slowly flicking on off. Nancy waves her had in the air around it and it glows bright.
"Woah." Eddie says walking over to us. We all put our hands up making the lights glow quite bright.
"Does anyone know more code?" Nancy asks, we all shake our heads.
"Wait does SOS count? Is that okay?"
"Yes that's perfect."

Idk it's a chapter but also two chapters on a Sunday, pretty good.
Pls vote :)
-Soph