𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸 ||ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ʟᴀᴋᴇ||

"Watch your step big guy." Eddie says to Dustin as he almost falls into the water. We ended up here because we were following Dustin's compass which is meant to lead us to a gate that goes into the upside down.
"Oh man you gotta be shitting me."
"Yeah. Thought these woods were familiar."
"Lovers lake." Robin says.
"This is confounding."
"There's a gate in lovers lake?" Max says confused.
"Whenever the demogorgan attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way." Nancy says.
"Yeah, only one way to find out." Steve says.
Eddie gets out the boat that he used earlier. Nancy gets on first, then Robin she puts her hands on Steve and Eddie's heads as she climbs in. It's pretty funny. She then holds put her hand to me which I take and walk onto the boat. Eddie gets in after me, Dustin try's to get in but he stops him.
"What are you tryna sink us? This boat holds 4 maximum."
"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy says to Dustin.
"You keep an eye out!" He retorts back. "It's my goddamn theory."
"You heard Nance." Robin says
"Who put her in charge?"
"I did."
"Compass." Nancy asks holding her hand out. Dustin hands it over annoyedly then walks back as Steve starts to push us onto the water. At the last minute he jumps in too.
"You said four!"
"Sorry."
"Bedtime at 9 kiddos!" Robin yells out to them, Dustin flips us off.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Slow down, slow down." Nancy says to Eddie and Robin, they do. The compass is going crazy.
"Uh Dustin, your compass just went from wonky to wonky with a capital waaahhh." Robin says into the walkie talkie. Steve starts to take his shoes and socks off.
"Steve what are you doing?" Nancy asks him.
"Somebody's gotta go down and check this out. Unless one of you three can top being  Hawkins High swim Co-captain and a certified lifeguard for three years. It's gotta be me. No complaints, all right?"
"Hey I'm not complaining, I do not wanna go down there." Eddie says looking over the edge of the boat into the water. Steve begins to take his shirt off.
"Ugh no! My eyes! My eyes! I'll never recover!" Me and Robin crack up laughing but Steve only responds by throwing his shirt at us. "Ew disgusting." I say then throw it at Eddie who doesn't seem to care, he leaves it in his legs. Eddie puts a torch into a plastic bag then hands it to Steve.
"Hey, good luck."
"Thanks." Then Steve dives in.
Eddie pulls out a cigarette and hands me one as well.
"You got your lighter mine got drenched?" He asks me.
"Yeah here." I light mine first then hand it to him. It's only when Eddie's lighting his Robin notices.
"Ew gross." She takes Eddie's and puts it out in the water then she takes mine doing the same. She grabs my lighter off Eddie so we can't light more now either.
"I didn't know you smoked that's disgusting." Robin says shaking her head.
"I'm friends with Eddie Munson and you expect me not to smoke?"
"Harsh." Eddie mumbles.
"Dustin's friends with him and doesn't smoke." She says.
"Let me rephrase that. I've been friends with Eddie Munson since elementary school, we're best friends and you expect me not to smoke?"
"Maybe yeah." She shrugs.
"Best friends do everything together. In our case anyway. Well apart from like being on the run and stuff."
"Still it's disgusting."
"Um I'm sorry?" I really don't know what else to say.

"Where we at wheeler?" Robin asks after a little bit.
"Closing on in a minute."
"Okay."
Suddenly Steve burst out of the water.
"Oh my god!"
"Jesus Christ!"
"I found it."
"You found it?" Nancy asks.
"I found it. Yeah. I found it." Steve says hanging onto the side of the boat.
"Dustin you are a goddamn Einstein. Steve found the gate.
"It's pretty Wild, it's more a snack size gate then a mamma gate but still. It's pretty damn big."
All of a sudden Steve gets pulled under.
"Steve!"
"Holy shit!"
"What the hell was that man!?"
I stand up on the edge of the boat. I know Steve and I aren't the best of friends but he seems like he's changed and all the tiny children (especially Dustin) really like him so I can't let him die.
"Woah Y/n you're not going in there are you?"
"I believe so." I nod, stretch my arms out then dive in.

ℝ𝕠𝕓𝕚𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍
Yes that was the sexist dive I've ever seen but I cannot believe she did that.
"Y/n!" I scream.
"What the fuck is wrong with her!?" Eddie screams. "Jesus Christ!"
"Okay just, just stay here." Nancy instructs then she dives in too.
"Nancy no!"
"Goddammit!"
I sit on the edge of the boat. "Woah woah hey. What are you doing? She said wait." Eddie says to me.
"Yeah I heard her."
"Sh-she's in charge!"
"Are you kidding me? I made that shit up." Then I fall back into the water. I can still half hear Eddie's screams but I'm sure he'll dive in soon.

"Hey there." Nancy says as she hits some kind of bats off Steve. We try and get as many bats off everyone as possible and eventually we do.
Steve is covered in blood. Half from being bitten and half from ripping a bat in half.
"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie screams.
"Holy shit Steve are you okay?"
"Well he took about a pound of flesh but other than that never better."
"I never thought I would say this. Like ever. But I'm actually so glad you're okay Steve." Y/n says
"Thank you." He nods.
"Uh do you think these bats have like rabies?" I ask
"What?" Everyone asks.
"It's just like rabies are my number one greatest fear. And I think we should probably get you to a doctor really soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead." Everyone looks at me like what the fuck but we're all distracted by more bats flying over. Instead of trying to kill us, they guard the gate.
"Alright there's not that many, we can take em." But as Steve says this we see more bats flying over in the distance.
"You were saying?"
"The woods come one!" Nancy yells, I grab Y/ns hand and intertwine our fingers then follow Nancy.

I don't know what to think of this chapter but yeah. Also i'm going on school camp today so probably only chapter ur gonna get today.
Pls vote :)
-Soph