𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 ||ᴡʜᴇᴇʟᴇʀs ʜᴏᴜsᴇ||

Suddenly we hear a loud bang. We all jump and turn around, Robins hand gripped onto my arm, her hands are really warm.
"Stay here." Steve whispers to us, he walks towards the door. He picks up a lamp and I try not to laugh.
"As if a lamps gonna do anything." I laugh. I get up and follow him.
"What are you doing?" Dustin asks me
"Come on why stay here? Don't give Steve the feeling of being a protector." I walk out of the room.
The rest of them follow me out the door, we stand behind Steve who has the lamp held out in front of him. We hear more clattering, then fast footsteps like someone running. Then someone runs out of the hallway sending everyone into a fit of screams, I laugh at how scared they all got.
"Lucas?" Nancy asks stepping forwards a bit.
"It's me! It's meeeee!" Lucas says with his hands out in front of him.
"Jesus what is wrong with you Sinclair!?" Steve yells "I could've taken you out with this lamp!"
"I'm sorry." Lucas breaths out then he looks at me. "Y/n? What are you doing here?"
I was confused about how he knew me but then I remember that he occasionally sits with Eddie's group at lunch, which is where I sit.
"I honestly have no idea. I just got dragged along." I shrug
"Okay, okay. Sorry guys, give me a second. I was biking for 8 miles. Shit." He leans against the wall panting. "We got a code red." He finally says after catching his breath.
"What?" Steve asks.
"Dustin." Lucas says walking over to his friend. "I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy, they've gone like totally off the rails. They're tryna capture Eddie and they think you know where he is! You're in terrible danger!"
"Yeah alright that sucks but we've got bigger problems then Jason right now." Dustin turns to look at Max, Lucas catches on fast. Max is cursed.

Time skip

Nancy, Robin and myself run down the stairs of the basement of the wheelers house to where Steve, Lucas, Dustin and Max are.
"We have a plan." Nancy says excitedly.
"Thanks to Nancys newspaper minions, we are now rockstar psychology students at the University of Notre Dame." Robin explains as Steve, Dustin and Lucas look at the files. Dustin looks at Nancys, Steve looks at Robins while Lucas looks at mine.
"I'm Ruth." Nancy says.
"I'm now rose." Robin says.
"And I'm now c/n." (c/n=code name.)
"Ruth?" Steve asks and Nancy smiles.
"Nice Gpa." Dustin says nodding.
"Thanks." Nancy smiles. Is that her real gpa? I think to myself but I push the thought aside as Nancy begins to explain the plan.
"So we called Pennhurst asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Victor creel, for a thesis we're co-writing on a paranoid schizophrenics-
"To which they said no." Robin adds
"But we did land a three o'clock with the director." I smile.
"Then all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor."
"Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse."
"About that." Steve starts. "We've been doing our Victor Creel homework and we've got some questions."
"Lost of questions."
"So do we." I say
"Hopefully Victor has the answers." Nancy nods.
"Wait,wait- wait a second. Where's mine?" Steve asks waving the file.
Nancy gives him a small smile. And I laugh.

"Nancy you gotta be outta your mind if you think I'm babysitting again." Steve complains as Nancy, Robin and I walk into her room.
"First of all you're not babysitting. Max is in real danger, she needs people around."
"I know but does it always have to be me?-
"Oh my god you have a Tom cruise poster." Robin says in shock as she walks into Nancys room. "You have a Tom cruise poster." She looks at Nancy with a little smile, I liked her smile.
"That's..old." Nancy says. "Can you please not touch anything!" I can hear the annoyance in Nancys voice but she didn't have to yell.
"I can't do anything here Nance." Steve says. "I could help with the director dude though. I could turn on my-my charm."
"Not the kinda charm we need."
"Ouch."
"It's just I did a little digging last night and it turns out this Dr. Hatch is a distinguished fellow of the American psychiatric association. And a Harvard visiting scholar, okay? This is a lifelong student of the world. If we're gonna win him over we are gonna have to convince him we are like him, true academic scholars." Nancy says still trying to reason with Steve on why he can't come with us.
I watch Robin continue to go through Nancys stuff, it's quite cute how excited she gets when she finds something interesting.
"Holy shit there's a little ballerina in here." Robin says as she holds a music box.
"Academic scholar? She's giving you an academic scholar vibe? Yeah okay." Steve says gesturing to Robin. She puts down the music box.
"No but....she will." Nancy holds out a pin frilly shirt. I try not to laugh.
"Oh god please tell me you're joking."
"Do I even wanna know what I have to wear?" I ask. Nancy smiles then pulls out a lilac turtle neck, the cuffs of the sleeves are frilled. Then she gets out a long, blue and white plaited skirt.
"I shouldn't of asked." I sigh and take the clothes.

Not as a long chapter as usual but eh who cares. Also very sry for not updating recently!
Pls vote :)
-Soph