𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽 ||ᴘᴇɴɴʜᴜʀsᴛ ᴀsʏʟᴜᴍ||

"I can't breath in this thing and I'm so itchy!" Robin complains as we walk into Pennhurst asylum.
"Walking in high heels is more difficult than that though. I could break an ankle you know?" I say
"It's not about comfort it's about looking the part! We're academics." Nancy whisper yells to us.
"Who are evidently coming straight from Easter brunch." Robin says. "Also this bra you gave me it's really pinching my boobs." Robin complains.
"Okay can you just let me do the talking." Nancy says, I get it we're complaining but she can be nicer. "If that's even possible." She adds
"You don't needa be so rude about it!" I say trying not to be loud.
"Y/n it's fine." Robin says then answers what Nancy was talking about 2 seconds ago. "It's not only possible, it's inevitable. Because shortly I'll be dead from strangulation."
Nancy rolls her eyes at us but doesn't respond. Robin grabs my hand.
"Thanks. For like 10 seconds ago." She smiles at me.
"It's okay, I just don't like people being rude to nice people, especially when I like that person." I smile at her.
"Y-you like me?"
Shit, I hadn't even realised my wording. "Yeah, of course. Your a great friend." It was the worst way to play it off but the only way.
"Oh yeah thanks, you too."

"3.9 GPA's, all three of you. Impressive." The director says as we sit in his office.
"And this is a recommendation from Mr Brantley." Nancy says handing him a piece of paper.
"Oh yes, I now Larry. Quite well actually. You know what they say, 'those who can't do, teach." The man smiles at us, I mange a smile back.
"Yes uh yes that's actually why we are here." Me and Robin nod along with Nancy. "See there's only so much you can learn in a classroom."
"Mmm. And I'm sympathetic to your struggle, truly. But there is a certain protocol when visiting a patient like Victor. You have to put in a request and then undergo a screening process, at which point the board will make a decision." He looks at us, I don't know what to say, I haven't spoken once. Which is good........I think.
"I can see you're disappointed. But I can give you a tour. Perhaps you can even speak to some of our patients in our low-security wing."
"Um uh yeah we would love that but it's just our....thesis is due next month." Nancy try's.
"Then you're out of time." The man says bluntly. "And whose fault is that?"
Me and Robin share a look of 'what the hell? Is he for real?'
"Ours, absolutely. I am very sorry for-
"Don't apologise Ruth. Screw that." Robin starts. "The fact is we put in a request months ago and we were denied. So we put in another one but we were denied, again. So coming here is our last chance to save our thesis and I really-" she turns to Nancy. "I can't breath in this thing!"
"Uh Rose then maybe you would like to go get some air, take c/n with you." Nancy says back
"Yes maybe I should Ruth!" Robin says getting up. "Because I'm starting to think this whole thing has been a colossal mistake! I am breaking out in a rash!" She lifts her hands onto her boobs. "My boobs hurt! I'm sure C/n's do too! And I tell you the truth Anthony!" She turns back to the director. "May I call you Anthony?" She doesn't give him the chance to answer. "These aren't actually my clothes! Me and C/n borrowed them because we wanted you to take us seriously! Because nobody takes girls seriously in this field. They just don't. We don't look the part or whatever but can I tell you a story? 1978 I was at summer camp. And my counsellor drew, told me and everyone in cabin C the true story of the Victor Creel massacre. And little Petey McHew-you know Petey right guys?"
"Yes." I say
"Of course."
"Yeah. Little Petey McHew started sobbing right there on the spot. Full on hyperventilating and all the other campers they couldn't sleep for weeks! Neither could I but not cause I was scared but because I was obsessed with the question 'what would drive a human being to commit such unimaginable acts?' Other kids they wanted to be astronauts, basketball players, rock stars. But I wanted to be you. I wanted to be you. So, forgive me if I'll now try anything in my power, even wearing this ridiculous outfit, if I might get the chance to speak to the man who ignited my passion and learn a little bit more about his twisted but let's face it totally fascinating mind works. So, yes, we don't have the offical paperwork, but don't tell me that cry-baby Petey McHew wouldn't of gotten an audience with Victor in a matter of moments if he asked politely because you and I both know that he would!" Robin pauses. "So...ten minutes with Victor. That's all I ask."
The director looked at us, I really hope Robin hadn't screwed us up. I don't think she did, I think she did an amazing job.
"Okay. You are allowed to."

I was so full of excitement I might explode, if this works we could save Max. I high-five Robin and then she high-fives Nancy.
"I thought we were so screwed for a second." Nancy says.
"Yeah me too." Robin agrees.
"I didn't doubt you. I knew you'd manage it somehow."
"Thank you C/n."
I give Robin a smile and she returns it.

Boring chapter but still hope you enjoyed.
Pls vote :)
-Soph