𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾 ||ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs||

"Robin." Steve says to me. "Just don't think on Y/n too much okay? Because there's a 96% chance that she'll absolutely shatter your fragile heart into a million pieces."
"Yeah. I'll try." I say not looking at him.

"Steve what do you know about Y/n that you feel you shouldn't?" I blurt out. I couldn't help it, I had to ask.
"Robin if I think I shouldn't know do you think you should?" He says raising an eyebrow.
"But she said she doesn't care what anyone knows or doesn't know about her." I push.
"Robin I really don't know if I should tell you. Eddie doesn't even know."
"How do you know he doesn't?" I ask
"When I found out she was crying and saying 'please don't tell anyone please! I don't want anyone to know. Eddie doesn't even know! Please Steve!' I didn't know what to do but I didn't tell anyone about what happened."
"What did happen?"
"I swear if you tell anyone you'll be dead. Literally. Y/n hears everything about her, somehow. You tell one of her secrets 7 minutes later you're getting punched in the face. So don't tell a soul." Steve says very seriously.
"Pinky promise." I say putting out my pinky finger.
"Pinky promise." Steve rolls his eyes and conjoins our pinky's.
"So what happened?"

"It was when we were sought of dating that I found out. I had climbed in through her window but she wasn't in her room. So I waited. After like 4 minutes I heard yelling and screaming and crying from downstairs. The next thing I know Y/n's run into her bedroom locking the door behind herself. There was a massive slash going from one side of her hand to the other, blood was falling down her arm, there was a smaller cut on her cheek but she wasn't paying attention to it. She hadn't even noticed I was there until she opened her desk draw. She screamed and asked why I was there, I didn't answer I just stood there dumbfound. Eventually I asked her if she was okay and what had happened. She told me I didn't need to worry and that she'd been alright but I wouldn't leave her alone. So finally she told me a vase had been thrown at her. It missed her but she slipped when getting up cutting her hand on the shattered vase. She told me not to tell anyone, I promised I wouldn't. I stayed with her that night to make sure she was okay and safe. I think it was the one time in our relationship I had actually done her any good. But now I've broken that promise so I hope you enjoyed the story." Steve sighs as he looks away.
"Wh-who threw the vase?" Is all I manage to ask.
"Her Mum. She was drunk."
"Oh. Does it still happen?"
"No idea, wouldn't be surprised."
I felt really bad for Y/n, she didn't deserve it, well as far as I'm aware she didn't deserve it.
"Now, I never told you that and Y/n has a perfect happy life, the only problem being divorced parents alright?" Steve says, he really doesn't want her to find out.
"Got it. I don't know a thing." I nod and we continue making our weapons.

Time skip

𝕐/𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍
I ran out of the woods as Steve yelled at me to hurry up because we're leaving. He gave e an awkward smile as I passed him. I wasn't sure who is and isn't mad at me, so I asked.
"So Harrington, you know who's mad at me and who isn't?" I ask him as we walk back to the trailer.
"Uh well Max is 100% not mad at you. I'm not mad at you, Erica's not, I'm pretty sure Lucas is just curious as well as Nancy. Robin, Robin I'm not sure but Eddie 100% definitely, for sure mad at you-
"Thank you for that!"
"And I don't think Dustin really cares." Steve finishes.
"Nice okay, thanks." There's a moment silence before I talk again. "Steve why was Robin upset?"
"I-I can't say." He shakes his head.
"Jesus what is so secret?" I laugh and shrug my shoulders. "Yeah well I guess I'll never know." I say as run off towards the caravan.

I sit down next to Max, someone who I know isn't mad at me.
"You right Max?" I ask her as we drive towards the creek house.
"Yeah. Just nervous."
"Don't worry. Lucas will protect you. I believe in you, and even if something happens I'm sure you won't die, okay?"
"Okay. Thanks Y/n." She pauses. "If-if I do die can you visit me please? Like come to my funeral?"
"You're not gonna die but yes. I will if I'm invited. I'll write you letters too. And if you don't die (which is most likely) we can celebrate, my mums a bitch but she's filthy Rich so we can have fun. Alright?"
"Alright, that sounds fun." She nods laughing a little.
"It does doesn't it? And you can invite whoever you want."
"Thank you Y/n. Thank you." She says giving me a genuine smile.
Steve stops the caravan which means we're at the Creel house. It's time for Max, Lucas and Erica to go. Max gets up to leave but at the last minute she hugs me. A tight warm friendly hug. I hugged her back.
"You'll be okay Maxie, I promise." I say to her as she lets go.
"I hope so. I sure hope so." She smiles at me then leaves. God I hope she'll be alright.

Kinda short chapter hope you enjoyed it though :)
Pls vote :)
-Soph