𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻 ||ᴍᴀx's ʜᴏᴜsᴇ||

We all sit in Max's living room as Nancy explains what happened.
"And there were so many monsters...coming into Hawkins. Into our neighbourhoods, into our homes an-and then he showed me my mum and holly and Mike. They-they we're all..." Nancy began to cry again as she told us about what Vecna showed her.
"Okay but..he's just tryna scare you Nance." Steve says as he looks at his hands. "I-I mean it's not real..."
"Not yet" Nancy says. "But there.....there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins, they looked like the gate in Eddie's trailer except....they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the upside down Hawkins." She paused looking at everyone "this was our Hawkins. Our home."
Everyone stayed quiet and looked at each other until Max broke the silence.
"Four chimes." She said making everyone look at her.
"Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times." She looks up at everyone. "Four exactly."
"I heard them too" Nancy says making us all turn our heads to look at her.
"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Max says as she shakes her head slightly.
"Four kills." Lucas says "four gates. End of the world."
"If that's true..." Dustin begins "he's only one kill away."
"Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ." Eddie mumbles into his hands.
"Try em again, try em again." Steve says as he motions to the telephone.
Max walks over to it and puts in the Byers number.

"There's no way Joyce has been busy for 3 days straight." Max says once she put the phone down "somethings not right."
"She's right." Nancy says. "It can't be just a coincidence. It can't be."
"Whatever's happening in Lenora is connected to all of this." Nancy says as she walks to the window. "I'm sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead." She says walking back over to us. "We have to go back in there. Back into the upside down."
"Woah woah."
"Nope."
"Nancy think it through."
"As Y/n just said Nance, let's think it through." Steve says walking over to her.
"What is there to think through?" She asks waiting for answers.
"We barley made it out of there alive."
"Yeah because we weren't prepared but this-this time we will be! We'll bring weapons and protection. We'll go through the gate, find his lair and kill him!"
"Or he'll kill us! The only reason you survived is because he wanted you too! He's not scared of us!" Steve yells.
"And for a good reason" Robin says standing up off the ground from where she was sitting next to me. "We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. What are we calling him now?" She asks
"Vecna"
"One"
"Henry"
"Right. We've learned something new about Henry/Vecna/One. He's a number like eleven. Only a sick, evil, male, child murdering version of her with really bad skin. He's super powerful. M-my point is he could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers, it's not a fair fight." She finished.
"So why fight fair?" Dustin shrugs. "You're right he's like eleven but that gives us an upper hand. We know elevens strengths and weaknesses."
"Weakness?" Erica asks.
"When el remote-travels she goes into a trance like state, I bet it's the same with Vecna."
"That would explain what he was doing in the attic." Lucas says catching on.
"Exactly. When he attacks his next victim, I'll bet you he's back in the attic, physical body defenceless."
"Defenceless? What about the army of bats?" Steve asks pointing to his neck where the red mark from being chocked by one is.
"True, we'll have to find a way past them somehow, distract them."
"And uh how do we do that exactly?" Eddie asks getting up off the couch.
"No idea" Dustin says simply, Eddie sits back down. "But once they're gone, he doesn't stand a chance. It would be like slaying sleeping Dracula in his coffin."
"That all that sounds good in theory, but there is no pattern in Vecnas killing. Not one that I could decipher. We don't know when he's going to attack next, we don't know who he's going to attack-
"Yeah we do" Max says interrupting Robin. "I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate bush, I draw his focus back to me."
"Max." Lucas says "you can't. He'll kill you."
"I survived before." Max says "I can survive again. I just...need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into the attic. Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosive Dustin cooks up, I honestly don't care how you put that asshole in his grave. Just... whatever you it is......whatever you do. Try not miss."
We all look around at each other not knowing what to say. I can't believe Max said she's gonna do what she said she would. It's crazy.
I lean my head back onto the wall, I roll my eyes back into my head wishing I could've just had a normal spring break.
"Y/n!"
"Jesus fucking Christ what!?" I say putting my eyes back to normal.
"Holy shit Y/n don't do that to us!" Eddie exclaims.
"Do what?" I ask genuinely confused.
"When you roll your eyes back it looks like Vecna has you because that's what happened Max and Nancy." Steve explains.
"Ohhhhhh. Right. Sorry bout that then." I say awkwardly.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Pls vote :)
-Soph