𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿 ||ᴄʀᴇᴇʟ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ||

𝕐/𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍
"I just had a very interesting conversation with professor Brantley. Perhaps we should discuss in my office while we wait for the police."
None of us say anything we just stand there looking like shocked idiots.
We walk back out the way we came in. Nancy arguing with him.
"You're not listening to us! Our friend is in danger!"
"Do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say?" The director yells back at us.
"It's the truth!"
"You are free to tell your sob story to the police."
"Move along." The security gourd says shoving both Robin and myself.
"Don't touch us!" We both yell.

As we walk through the gardens. Robin whispers to us.
"Victor said the night of the attack, everything went on in the house, but he made a specific mention of music. He said music was playing. And then when we asked him about that angel he started to hum."
"Dream a little dream of me, Ella Fitzgerald." Nancy says. "The voice of an angel."
"Yeah. Hatch said music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. So maybe that's the key, that's the lifeline."
"A lifeline back to reality." I say
"It's worth a shot."
"Holy shit, you genius Robin." I say keeping my voice at a whisper but it's bursting with excitement.
We look back at the security guard.
"I think we can beat him."
"What?" Robin asks me and Nancy.
"To the car." I explain.
"Okay. I'm warning you right now, I have terrible coordination. Took me six months longer to walk than all the other babies."
"Just follow my lead." Nancy says.
"Come on it'll be fine." I say grabbing Robin hands and starting to run.
"No, my god!"
"Hey get back here!"
Robins shoe flys off as we run along the grass.
"Cinderella you dropped your shoe!" A guy in white who looks a bit nuts says to her. We jump down over a wall.
"OH MY GOD!" Robin yells as we run further and further away.

We jump into the car as quickly as possible that so happened to be just in time.
"Go go go go!" Robin yells as guards bang in the windows telling us to get out of the car. Nancy starts the engine and within a minute we're driving as fast as possible away.
"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Robin yells as we both look back at the guards running after the car.
"You really are a weird runner." Nancy says to Robin which makes me laugh a little. Suddenly the walkie talkie goes off.
"Robin! Where the hell are you!? This is a code red! I repeat code red!
"Dustin it's Robin we copy."
"Holy shit finally! Please! Please tell me you guys have this figured out."
We explain to Dustin our music theory then pray that's it right because Max is the one it's being texted on.

Time skip

"Max! Max are you okay!?" I ask Max as her, Dustin, Lucas and Steve arrive at the wheelers house.
"Yeah. Yeah I'm okay. Now."
"Okay good."

Everyone is asleep in the wheelers basement because we have nothing else to do, well we do but we can't really do it at night.
I sit it the corner behind the couch with Robin, she's asleep. Her head rests on my shoulder, I smile down at her, she's beautiful.
"Psst. Y/n."
I look up to see it was Max who had said my name. I thought I was the only one awake.
"Hey Max, what's up?" I ask keeping my voice at a whisper.
"I know we hardly talk at school probably because you're 3 years older than I am but that's not the point. I-I just wanted to say thank you. For checking if I was okay and for figuring out how to save me in the first place, even though you hardly know me. Thank you."
"Oh um, you're welcome I guess. I mean I hardly did anything to figure it out but I'm glad you survived." I nod at her. She begins to turn away. "Oh Max, if you do need to ever talk about it or just rant on about something to someone who knows about all this, I'm here, I won't think your crazy. I promise."
She smiles at me. "Thank you Y/n."
I can tell she means it. "Goodnight Max."
"Goodnight."
I close my eyes and slowly drift off into a peaceful sleep.

I wake the next morning to see Nancy awake. I give her a small smile which she returns before heading up the stairs. Leaving the basement. I look down at Robin who is still asleep, her arm is sprawled across my stomach, her head nuzzled into my side. (She's half laying down.) And then her hand, her hand somehow managed to get on my back, under my t-shirt.
It was an odd feeling but a nice feeling but it also felt weird. This wasn't normal and I needed to stop feeling these emotions.
"You keep staring she'll wake up." Steve says looking at me from the couch. I realised now that it's only him, Robin and myself left in the basement.
"Yeah I'm sure she will." I say not really caring for his opinion.
"Listen Y/n...."
"Okay......"
"Y/n, I'm really actually sorry about what I did, I know I was a total jerk and I still am to you because I know I was/am in the wrong but please forgive me. Because you and Robin seem like good friends so I don't wanna be around someone who hates me 24/7." Steve finishes and gives me a weak smile.
"I'm shocked. I didn't know Steve the hair Harrington could apologise but here we are." I say gesturing around to the room and to him.
"Yeah, so you forgive me?"
"Is that the only reason you're apologising or have you actually realised 'shit she needs to know I know that I shouldn't of done that."
"I do! I do know that! I promise, I've changed. Just please Y/l/n, give me another chance. At friendship this time. Just friends, nothing more."
"You have changed and I need some friends. So I'll try but you try anything, I will tell Nancy you still like her."
"Okay. Thank you. Yes, okay."

"You guys are so weird." Robin says as she pushes herself up off me, my back now feels cold without her hand there.
"Really? You're the one listening to other people conversations." Steve asks.
"Well I was kind of right here so I couldn't really avoid hearing it. Plus it's not like it was anything private." She stretches out her back and yawns.
"Get off your asses we're going to the Creel House." Dustin says running down the stairs.
"Jesus okay." I say. "We don't get like a 5 minute warning? We're going right now?"
"Yes! Hurry up!"
"No guys, it's fine. We'll go to each of your houses if you feel like getting on new clothes. There's no rush." Nancy says walking down behind Dustin.
"Thank you! Yes I would like to go back to my house for 10 minutes to get changed." I say.
"Yeah uh me too please." Robin says on her sweet voice.
"No problem, let's go." Nancy says, we all get up following her and everyone else to her car.

I really Like this chapter tbh, do you?
Pls vote :)
-Soph