𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 ||ʜᴀᴡᴋɪɴs ʜɪɢʜ||

Nancy puts the weekly watcher box into the machine and begins to scroll through the stories, me and Robin stand behind her.
Nothing about the creel house appears so Nancy walks away to look at other things, Robin sits down in the seat and takes her place scrolling through the stories.
Robin stops on a random story. She starts to read out the title in a ridiculous voice.
"Victor Creel claims vengeful demon killed family. The murder that shocked a small community."
"Ha. Ha. That's very funny." Nancy says not believing her.
"I'm not kidding." Robin says
"Get over here." I add to Nancy. Nancy walks over and looks at the papers with us.
"According to several insiders, Victor believed his house was haunted by an ancient demon. Victor allegedly hired a priest to exorcise his home." Robin stops reading and looks back at me and Nancy. "Pretty novel for the 50s. Exorcist wasn't even out yet."
"Okay, keep going." Nancy instructed and Robin did so.
"Okay, so Victor claimed the exorcism failed, this angered the demon causing him to kill his family, removing their eyes. Victor believes he was spared as a punishment."
"How fun." I say sarcastically
"That's pretty convenient for Victor." Nancy says
"Yeah or super inconvenient." Robin looks at both of us. "Victor was declared legally insane by the court, what if this is why? I mean it sounds pretty insane it just didn't go public because-
"The plea bargain." I say cutting her off Nancy continues off of my sentence.
"The records were sealed."
"What if this demon did invade Victors home? Except this just wasn't any old demon."
"It was Vecna." I say connecting the dots.

"Dustin? Dustin do you copy?" Robin says into the walkie talkie as we leave the library.
"Yeah I copy."
"Nancys a genius. Vecna's first victim dates all the way back to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a total bullseye."
"That's great but I can't really talk right now." Dustin says through the walkie talkie
"What are you doing?" I ask
"Breaking and entering the school to read some confidential files." He says very fast.
"Can you repeat that?" Robin asks
"Just get your ass's over here. Stat."
"I thought they were talking to Miss Kelly." Nancy says
"We leave them alone for two hours." Robin rolls her eyes
"What'd you expect? Steve's the oldest one there but quite possibly the dumbest, he'll do anything that sounds smart." I say hopping into car.
"True that. True that." Robin nods getting into the car with me as Nancy gets in the front and drives to Hawkins high.

We run into the school because why walk? We find Steve, Dustin and Max in the councillors office, the only weird thing is Max looks like she's in some sort of...............trance.
"Max! Max!" Steve keeps yelling and eventually she wakes up.
"Oh god Max, are you okay?" I ask her, Steve gives me the 'you don't even know her, stop acting like you do.' Look but I just roll my eyes in response because it's not true, I've talked to her before at like then end of last year, start of this year. We talked about trauma? I think anyway I do know Max.
"Yeah. Yeah I-I think so, thanks Y/n." She says and I give Steve a 'see she does know me.' Look and a sarcastic smile. "But wasn't-wasn't there a clock, somewhere?......" Max trails off.
"No there wasn't." Dustin says.
"I swear there was. I'll show you where it is." She says as she gets up, I step back out of her way almost stepping into Robin.
"It was.....right here." Max says as she tells us where she saw the clock, we all stand behind her.
"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asks
"Yes! It was so real!"
"When I got closer to it I just..................woke up."
"It was like you were in a trance." Dustin says "exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy."
Max turns to look at us. "That's not even the bad part....."
"Shit, what is it?" I ask not liking the suspense.
"Y/n!" Steve yells at me
"What? Don't act like you don't hate suspense too."
"I'll show you." Max says walking back into Miss Kelly's office.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelly for help." Max starts, we all stood around the table as Max told us. Robin in a chair, me leaning against the back of it.
Max continues. "They we're both having headaches. Like really bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. Then the nightmares, trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat and then, then they started seeing things." Max pause. "Bad things. Things from their past. These visions, they just kept getting worse and worse and worse. Until everything ended." Max has tears in her eyes as she speaks.
"Vecna's curse." Robin says at a whisper.
"Chrissy's headaches started almost a week ago. Fred's six days ago." We all look around at each other knowing what's coming next. "Mine 5 days ago."
We all stay silent. Max keeps talking.
"All I know is that they both died less then 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock so, looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."
We all look at her with shock, worry or scaredness, we're all at loss for words.

Funnnnn right? Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Pls vote :)
-Soph