CHAPTER 23

Joey waved his hand at us before sauntering inside.

Harold and I walked side by side towards the car as I thought of making a stupid conversation.

"Why didn't you build yourself a big mansion like Mr Armstrong's?" I was just curious and I very well know the word curiosity doesn't exist in my vocabulary but still.

For a while there was no reply and I thought that he just ignored me like he always does but then he opened his mouth.

"A man needs a family to stay in mansion.... you know a mansion should be full of people..... family and I'm all..... alone, I don't think I need a mansion. My house is perfect for me." He said with a hint of sadness.

"Don't worry!" I tried to console him. "Find a girl and make a family, you know the process right or should I explain...." I faltered as he shot me a glare.

Oh...uh.

Shut up Naomi..... shut your damn mouth.

Harold reached the car and opened the door before sitting inside the driver seat. I walked around the car and opened the door to the back seat before sitting inside.

Harold glanced at me through the rear view mirror and I frowned.

"What??!!" I threw my hands up in air out of frustration.
"Why aren't you driving?"

"Am I your driver?" He asked with his jaws twitched.

"What?" I was puzzled.

"Come and sit here." He jerked his chin towards the passenger seat.

"Why?" I whined.

"Because only the boss sits there." He clarified.

"No!"

"No?"

"Yes, NO. I will not sit there." I pointed towards the passenger seat.

"Fine! Even I will not drive. Let's just stay here." He thinned his lips.

Fine let's see who's more stubborn.

Twenty minutes later :

I glanced out of the window, the sun was setting down and atmosphere has already turned dim. I glanced back at an obstinate Harold, who sat tranquilly on his seat, with his head rested back.

What an asshole?! Can't he just drive.

Stupid snob.

There's still a one hour drive to Honolulu and we're still here.

I sighed in defeat as my shoulders slumped.

"FINE!!!" I bursted and opened the door before getting out and closing the door behind me with a loud bang.

I opened the door to the passenger seat and sat inside before huffing out loud.

I looked out the window as I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. Harold revved the engine and I can also a sense a small victory smile on his face as I gritted my teeth.

He started driving and there was a irritating  silence on the car.

I want to teach him a lesson.

How dare he order me again and again.

He wanted me to sit on the passenger seat and I sat.

Now he has to face the consequences of making me sit here.

He really loves the word 'consequence' right. Now I'll make him face it.

Egoistic snob.

I slowly slipped my feet out of my heels and lifted my legs up on the seat. I can sense his gaze on me but he wasn't uttering a word.

I think I should put more pressure to push his buttons.

I stretched my one leg near the gear and upto the dash as his jaws ticked. He glared at me as I bit my lips.

"Put..... put your feet down." He growled like a dog.

"What?" I added dramatically as I pulled my feet down.

He took a handkerchief out of his suit pocket and wiped the dash as I rolled my eyes.

"Mannerless illiterate." He muttered as my jaw dropped.

How dare he??! How dare he call me an illiterate? How dare he?

I gritted my teeth.
"For your information I have a degree in...--" I was cut off as Harold pressed a button on his steering wheel and a song was played in his car with full volume.

Again my jaw dropped open.

How RUDE!!!

But the main thing was, he just played a sad song.

Who the heck listens to sad songs??

I pressed a button on the music box of the car and the song played now was a rap song.

I shook my head in the rhythm but soon Harold again pressed a button on his steering wheel, which was again followed by sad break up song.

Even I pressed the button on the music box as it played a rap song. But I very well know that Harold would never give up and my prediction was right, he again pressed a button on his steering wheel as again a sad song was played.

But this time he didn't just press the button on his steering wheel, he also passed me a murderous glare as he gritted.
"It's my car!"

That's it!! I couldn't do or say anything as what he said was true.

I folded my hands across my chest and glanced out of the window.

"Listen to sad songs and then get a sad ending." I muttered under my breath as the sad song was buzzing in my ear.

However he's a Mafia, he'll surely get a sad ending.

Suddenly thunder roared up in the dark sky followed by lightning which illuminated the dark sky.

Wow!! Nature loves him a lot.

I just wished of him getting a sad ending and the nature got angry as the result the thunder roared.

How cliche..

"He will get a sad ending." I muttered and again a thunder roared aloud.

Wow!! Nature man got full support from nature.

The sky was pitch black and the moon was nowhere in sight. Slowly the the water droplets started flowing down from the sky.

At first it was just a pitter patter but then puddles of water came falling down the windshield, blocking our view of the road ahead. Harold sighed and turned on the wiper but the rain got heavier and heavier..

If Harold was alone in this car, I would have wished this car to stop and never start again.

But then not a second passed by, the car actually came to a stop.

"What the..??" Harold pressed the start button of the engine but it wasn't working.

Again a thunder striked.

O.M.G.!! Did I really jinx it?

________________

If you'll like the chapter, please vote, comment and share.

Happy reading ❤️.