CHAPTER 25

We reached the said Motel within twenty minutes, it was still raining. It was a small two story building with a the words Motel written on top in neon colours with disco lights on every angles.

I grimaced at the sight in front of me.

So tacky.

Harold strode forward as I raced to keep my pace with him, specially for the umbrella as he was holding the shaft of the umbrella.

He closed the umbrella as we reached inside the motel. We walked towards the reception as I looked around the interior. This motel was too old, with the creaked old wooden doors with a cracked wooden staircase. The ceiling also had some cracks as the water droplets were tipping down on us.

Even the customers in here looked terrifying. At the sides of the staircase and on the corridors were big bulky men, wearing a tank top and ripped jeans, tattoos all over their arm. They also had the piercings in their ears and nose.

They looked like a cheap gangsters.

But no worry.

I have a mafia king with me.

I scoffed inwardly.

As the gangster men saw me staring at them, they winked at me and licked their lips.

Grimacing at them, I turned to the receptionist, who was an old woman in her fifties.

"How can help you?" She asked, fixing her round glasses.

"We need two rooms." Harold said pulling his wallet out of his pocket.

I was still looking around the dingy place.

"Is that girl going to stay alone inside a room?" The woman asked pointing to me as Harold nodded with a furrowed brows.
"Don't let a young woman like her stay alone in a room in this motel. " she whispered.

"Why?" I was the one who whispered back.

She nudged her chin towards those men at the corridors and at the staircase.
"Do you see them?" I nodded.
"They are very dangerous, they take advantage of girls who are alone inside a room." A horrified gasp escaped my lips as terror filled me.

I knew this place wasn't good.

"Really?" I whispered as she nodded.

"So take an advice from me.." She glanced at Harold, who had an emotionless face on. "Who is he to you?" She asked as I also glanced up at him. "Husband, boyfriend, friend or brother? Who?"

"Umm..," I looked at him as my tongue got tied.

"I'm her guardian." Harold responded.

"Guardian?" Thd old lady wrinkled her nose as we both nodded.
"I know it's a loss for me but I am woman with morals so I suggest you to share a room for the girl's safety." The woman suggested.

"What!? No!!" Harold scrunched his nose.
"We need two rooms and that's final." He said in an accurate tone.

The woman shrugged.
"I was just telling it for your own good." The woman then took out a long book out to write something.

Suddenly the men in the staircase whistled before yelling a hot chick ass and also made a air kissing sound as I cringed hard.

"Wait!!" I abruptly stopped her from writing anything with my palm pushed out.

I turned towards Harold.
"What is wrong with you, huh? There's nothing wrong in sharing a room with your ex-employee." I emphasized on the last word.
"Can't you see those dangerous men..." I jerked my chin towards the staircase. "...and..--" I was cut off.