CHAPTER 68

H    A    R    O    L    D

I entered my house and the loneliness I was feeling is just so authentic. I just can't describe. I took a deep breath to control myself, I could feel myself drowning in despair and loneliness. Every little thing of Miss Nolan is just roaming around my head. Her scowling face, her messy hair, her sassiness, her smile, her pout, her remarks, her flushed flustered face....I sighed.

Infinite words are also not enough to describe her. She's imperfectly perfect.

Ohh...ohh.oh..
Why my heart is telling me,
I got new feelings for her..
Don't know what has happened?
It just feels like a broken wanderer has found home.
Just like a stars in the night sky,
She lightens my dark world.
She made me forget all my pain,
She has casted such an effect on me.
Aaaaa..haahahaaaa oh oh oh...

I sighed as I felt my eyes welling up, my heart feeling heavy. I knew this loneliness would kill me once she leaves, I knew the consequences. She was my medicine in pain but now her absence in becoming a huge pain. I closed my eyes and balled my fist as the only person I could see was her.

I exhaled heavily and walked towards the lounge and collapsed on the couch. She's maybe halfway to the airport, maybe I can stop her.

No!!! I cannot...I mean I shouldn't, her life--

"King!!" Dylan walked inside the lounge as I blinked my eyes rapidly before standing up to face him.

"Yes!!"

Why is my voice so weak today?!

His face contorted in puzzlement as he took a close look of me and sighed.
"You can show your emotions, there is nothing wrong in it." He passed me a small smile as I could feel my eyes again welling up.

I swallowed the huge lump.
"There's no emotions to show." My voice quivered at the end.

He muttered something under his breath before sighing heavily.
"It's pointless..." he clicked his tongue.
"I know you're missing Naomi because you--" He stopped mid sentence and looked me in the eye.

"I what??!" I raised a brow.

"You... you love her." He said softly with a tender look in his eyes.

I sighed again as again all my controlled emotions were all over the place.
"I know...I do but it's..." I exhaled and shook my head before looking down.

I admitted...because there's no point in denying.

"But it's what?!" He placed him one arm on my shoulder as I looked up at him.

"She's my weakness.... having someone will always make a person weak. The thought of always losing her will always hinder me and I'll be drowning in fear...." I swallowed down the huge lump.
"You very well know that we are surrounded by danger and I cannot put her life in peril." My eyes were filled with tears but I blinked back and took a deep breath.
"I can't bear to loose someone I love again, it will kill me. So this is best." I smiled.

"But..--"

"There is no buts here, Dylan." I exhaled.
"For my happiness I cannot destroy someone else's life, as I said earlier I cannot put her life in peril..."

"What if I want to put my life in peril!!" My eyes widened at the source of voice.

I immediately spun around to face her. My throat bobbed as I saw her at the threshold of the living room with her hands placed on her hips, she was glancing at me with a look of disbelief.