CHAPTER 91

H   A   R   O   L   D

I rushed towards my room in haste with the envelope in my hand. I clutch the envelope tightly as I reminisce his words.

He was a man in his late fiftees. He sat across me with a sad smile plastered on his face.

"What is it you wanted to talk?" I look straight into his eyes as I ask.

Without saying anything, his hands digged inside his pocket as he pulled out an envelope. He kept the envelope on the table before pushing it towards me.
"Your father asked me to give this to you after his death, but I never thought that I would come to you this soon." He lamented.

I glanced down at the envelope before glancing up at him.
"Who are you exactly?" I asked.

He passed me a warm small smile before opening up,

"Helen, Marcel, and I were in the same college, but we became distant when Marcel and Helen moved here,in Hawaii. We barely contacted each other. I was busy in my life, and so did they. One day, I got a call from Helen saying that they had parted ways.. I was puzzled because they had so much love for each other. Immediately, I called Marcel and found out that he was ruling his father's mafia... I knew about his father being in mafia, but Marcel joining hands with his father was a shock... I was upset with him as I broke all my contacts with him, and after hearing about Helen, I just despised him." He heaved a long sigh.
"Recently, he reached up to me and pleaded in front of me to just hear him out. He handed me this envelope, asking me to pass it to you after his death, and he also..." he took a sharp breath.
"...told me the actual reason behind him joining mafia...he was compelled to do it... and it was all because.. "

I was pulled out of my trance as Daria called me,
"King!!" I glanced at her. I was just about to enter my room when she handed me Hazel, who was sleeping quietly.

She smiled and walked away.

I smiled at Hazel's sight and turned the door knob. A hard nostalgia hit me as I glanced up at my room. The room, which was once bright with Naomi and Nadia's laugh and squel, which was once vibrant with Nadia's song and music, has now turned into a dark and loomy atmosphere.

My heart felt numb as no tears were left to fall. Only a sad yet hopeful smile spread across my lips, hoping that one day we'll reunite again as a family and be happy, though the loss of Nadia can never be filled.

Hazel started crying loudly in my arms as I swayed her and hushed her.
"Shhh... it's okay." I entered inside the room.
"I'm here, baby." I cooed.

I kept the envelope on top of my study table and focused my attention on Hazel.
"What happened.. Hazel."

...........

"It was due discomfort. She didn't let a burp out, and that was the reason behind her uneasiness and crying." Daria said, patting Hazel's back softly.