CHAPTER 87

N    A    O    M    I

"NO!!!!!" My voice echoed throughout the room as a loud cry escaped my lips as triggers were pulled.

A bodyguard pulled the trigger, aiming the gun at Ron's chest, and Ron pulled the trigger, aiming at Nadia's head from back. Both did that at the same time.

"NADIA!!!!" Harold and I screamed simultaneously as the bullets were shot.

Ron body fell on the floor with blood oozing out, followed by a loud groan of pain.

"MOM...--"  That was the last scream that escaped from Nadia's mouth. I gasped and cried aloud as I saw Nadia collapsing on the floor with blood flowing all around her hair.

"NADIA!!!" I screamed and clutched my paining stomach before crawling towards her.

Her blue eyes were wide open, her eyelashes were wet, her cheeks were tear stained and red. A continuous flow of blood was coming out of her head, bathing her hair with blood.

"Nadi... baby.." I took her head gently and placed it on top of my lap. My hands and clothes were covered with her blood.

I tapped her cheeks slowly.
"Nadia... you'll be fine." I whispered and stroked her cheeks with tears streaming my eyes.
"You are okay... we'll go see a doctor, and you'll be fine, my baby." I whispered and hugged her cold body.

I was crying when I felt a presence beside me. With the corner of my eyes, I saw Harold with tears in his eyes. He sucked in a deep breath as his eyes landed on Nadia. He bit his trembling lips, and with a shaking hand, he circled his finger across her scraped wrist.

He gasped hard and let go of her wrist in an instant as his silent sob broke into a loud cry. He crawled back a little and covered his face between his palms.

"She's....fine.." My voice broke at the end.
"Just call... the...am.. ambulance..." I whispered in disbelief as I glanced at Harold's trembling posture.

I glanced back at Nadia, whose eyes were still wide open. Involuntarily, my hands pressed across her eyes, slowly shutting them close.
"You have to get well soon, Nadia. Hayden and Hazel are waiting for you.. please baby... don't scare us. Your dad is worried sick about you. Please get well soon." I whispered in tears as I was glancing at her cold body, totally covered with blood.

"Someone, please call the ambulance." I yelled and turned my head to see all the armed bodyguards kneeling down on the floor in defeat. I glanced at Harold, who was still in a stupor state, covering his face beneath his palms.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder as I glanced up to see Dylan with welled up eyes. He shook his head in no.

I shook my head and glanced back at Nadia.
"She promised me that she..will... take care of Hayden and Hazel on my behalf.. she was eagerly waiting for this day to come..to see them.. she has to see them... she was waiting for them..." My voice cracked as it was hard to speak, and again, a sharp pain shot from down there.

"Ahhh.." I yelped, and my blurry vision slowly started to turn black.

I heard a chorus of mumbligs, and I felt a hand on my shoulders before I completely turned black.