CHAPTER 44

Third person's pov ::

Harold's age : 15

With long strides, Marcel marched towards Helen with a muderous glare.
"Do not ever touch my things." He snatched the pack of white powder from her hand before putting it back to his drawer.

"What--" She was cut off by Marcel.

"Stop poking your nose everywhere, Helen." Marcel closed the door of his cupboard shut with a loud bang.

The mixture of anxiety and fear overwhelmed her, she just wanted answers to her question. So with enough courage she asked.
"Why is there a gun inside your drawer? And what is that white powder... is it drugs--"

"It's none of your business." He spun around as his back was now facing her.

She walked on the front to face him.
"It is my business, I'm your wife."

"Not anymore." He stated curtly with a face of void emotions.

"What do you mean..not anymore?" She stammered, her lips trembled as fear engulfed her.

Without saying a word Marcel walked upto the bed towards his suitcase before pulling the front zipper open. He pulled out a green file and threw it to Helen, whose eyes were filled with unshed tears.

"What i...is...it?" She stammered.

"You can read it." He stated with his sullen face.

With trembling hands she opened it and saw what was in it and....

Her assumption was right, the tears freely flowed down her cheeks wetting the paper beneath her face. She drowned in trepidation as the file fell from her hand to the floor.

"No...!" She whispered to herself before striding towards Marcel.

She took him in a tight hug, her tears staining his shirt.
"Please.... you can't end us. Please don't do....this..you can't divorce me...please. I cannot live without you. Why? What is my fault???.." Marcel tried to detach himself from Helen but Helen's hold was firm and tight.
"Please.... I will never ever go through your things....I'll only mind my own business...please...just..just don't leave me...I love you so much...please." Helen hiccuped still holding onto him.

"Let go Helen!!!" Marcel pulled apart from her harshly before clutching onto her elbow tightly.
"You don't need me anymore!! You are an independent woman, who can take care of yourself. " He said with determination.

"No...I need...you...Marcel..please." She sobbed.

"No!!"

"Why...why are you doing this?"

Marcel turned his face away from her before.
"Just sign the papers."

"No!!! Answer me!!" She cupped Marcel's cheek and turned his head to face her.
"WHY??"

Marcel's jaws clenched as he balled his fists on his sides.
"Okay fine!!" He bursted.
He stomped feet back before taking a deep breath.
"My so called father wants me to run his Mafia kingdom as I'm next in line, the heir and I can't have anyone in my life." He gritted.

Helen almost lost her grip at his words. She just couldn't think properly. All the past suspicions flashed in her eyes.

He was a son of a Mafia man..

She never knew this about him but. And he's now the boss over there. Everything flashed on her as she leaned onto the wall beside her.

In exasperation, Marcel packed his bag of clothes and in haste dragged the suitcase out.

"What about our son?" Helen lamented brokenly still leaning on the wall.

Marcel stopped in his tracks at the door step as a subtle smile appeared on his lips.
"He will be joining me at the right time of his age." He said and walked out of the room.

Helen collapsed on the floor as her own little world crumpled into pieces.

..............

Harold was sitting infront of his grand piano, his fingers freely moving across the keys producing a beautiful tune.

Helen stood there, listening to her son's music. Tears welled up her eyes on thinking about the previous conversation she had with Marcel. Taking a deep breath she walked towards Harold and ruffled his hair. He stopped pressing the keys as he glanced up at his mother. She sat on the spare stool beside him.

Harold placed his hand on top his mom's before asking softly,
"What's the matter mom?"

She passed him a sad smile.
"Nothing." She whispered brokenly.

'He'll be joining me at the right time of his age.'

Marcel's words pierced through her ears as again her eyes welled up.
"You love singing, don't you king?" She asked with a smile.

Harold looked puzzled at the sudden question about his singing as he slightly nodded.

"Promise me, you'll become a great singer one day." Harold was more puzzled, he just didn't know how to answer this sudden question of hers.

"What happened mom?" He asked in confusion.

"Just promise me!!" She stretched her palm out.

"I Promise." Harold placed his palm on top of Helen's palm.

A small yet sad smile spread acrossed her lips.

"Where is dad??" Tears welled up her eyes at the question but taking a deep breath she composed herself.

"He...left to ita...Italy."

She wanted to tell her son about the divorce thing but the motherly part of her couldn't do it.

"This soon." Harold raised his brows in confusion.

Helen nodded in return.

"Why?" Asked Harold.

At this question Helen's body stiffened in uneasiness.

"Sorry mom...I forgot...no questions in that." Harold smiled and in return Helen smiled back.

............

6 months later ::

There was no trace of Marcel till six months, Helen has been waiting for him as she still hasn't sign the divorce papers. She was desperate to see him, all she wanted to do was go to Italy and see Marcel for once.

Suddenly Helen's phone started ringing as it pulled her out of her trance.
"Yes Mr Davidson." She answered.

"Your jet is ready, Mrs Dèlacourt..." her body stiffened on the way Mr Davidson addressed her.
"And in Italy, I have appointed a person to guide you."

"Yeah I'm on my way." She disconnected the call.

She left a message to Harold saying that she won't be here tonight due to some office work.

She took a the file in her hand and marched out of the house. Her driver dropped her to the airport where some bodyguards already stood there, waiting for her.

She was directed to her private jet, taking deep breath she climbed onto the jet, peice by piece her anxiety level increased but she composed herself.

The jet took off to Italy as one thing hindered in Helen's mind,

'I hope it will end well and I hope I can win Marcel back ..'

_______________________

How was your day guys?
Well mine was hectic. But yesterday was nice, I watched a very good animated movie named Ferdinand. It's really a very good movie, it's a story about a bull... really good.
Have you all watched it??

Thank you😊
I hope you all enjoyed the chapter❤❤