CHAPTER 77

N     A     O     M     I

The car halted at the gates of cemetery. Harold got out and opened the car door for me and I got out before passing him a smile. He took my hand in his and led me inside the cemetery. We walked along the alley and finally we stopped infront of Helen Kingston's grave.

Rest. In. Peace.

Helen Kingston

A mother, daughter and savior.
Known for her kindness and humble nature.
A woman of words.
May her soul rest in peace.

I glanced at Harold as he took a step forward and swatted the leaf litters away from the tomb and placed a flower above it.

He came back to me and again took my hand as we both sat in the near by bench.

He took a deep breath,
"It's my mother's grave.."

"I know!"

"I want to tell you something which is very important and it's about me and my family.." his demeanor changed as a sudden glumness took over him.
"I... I mean.." he was stammering as his lips trembled and eyes welled up turning his sclera red.
"My mother was....kil..killed and I am not into any...maf...mafia.."

"Shhh!!" I cut him off as I placed my palm on his mouth.
"It's okay..you don't have to tell me." I whispered.

He was not in a stance to tell anything.

He pulled my hand from his mouth and said,
"But it's imp..important for you to know. "

"I know...I know each and everything about you!" I smiled.

"You do?" He raised a brow.

"I do." I winked.

A subtle chuckle escaped his lips,
"You're different." He muttered.

I scoffed proudly,
"I assure you, under no circumstances you are bound to encounter someone identical to me." With a rich British accent, I said and wiggled my shoulders.

His face lit up as he circled his one arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.
"That's why I love you." He placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Love you too!"

.............

We were inside the car and Harold was driving silently, I don't know where we are going next. I fixed my gaze to windscreen and suddenly Harold took a turn towards the left which led the car to a narrow road. A wide forest was stretched on either side of the narrow road. The road was not proper either, they were humps and bumps.

Finally the narrow road ended and he manoeuvered the car towards a large silver gates. The automatic gates opened as he drove further more in. Finally I spotted a tall building at the end.

The car halted infront of a tall building, it was not a skyscraper but it was a tall building. And I knew what it was.

"It's the..." I cut him off.

"It's the girl saving committee opened by your mother. Right?" I flashed a smile.

"Right!!" He narrowed his eyes "Who told you??"