CHAPTER 94

N    A     O     M     I

I quickly rushed towards the elevator and hopped in before sighing heavily.

Oh god!!! I'm late.

I hope Steve and Chase have covered me because I can not face our chief's wrath. Our chief hates latecomers. Yesterday was a tiring but a joyful day. Yesterday, exhaustion was too much that my eyelids didn't open up today on time.

The elevator dinged as I quietly made my way out. I was about to enter my department when I heard someone laughing out loud. In precise, it was Steve.

Where is he, and why is he laughing?

Out of curiosity, I tiptoed towards the source of sound. The noise was coming from the conference room, I peeked inside the door to find Steve along with Chase, sitting inside with a laptop facing them.

"Oh, come on, you playboy." I heard a female voice grunting to which both Steve and Chase laughed aloud.

"Hey, Ashley. I've changed, don't call me that." Steve said.

Ashley!

I know about her. She's one of the closest best friend of Steve and Chase. She used to work with them in Florida back then, but now she's happily married and stays in New York with her husband and her children's.

"No offense, Steve, but it is the truth." Ashley said cheekily.

"Actually, Steve is serious this time. He's not playing around." Chase butted in, and I could hear Ashley chuckling.

"Okay.... now spill it out." Ashley said.

"As I said, I like a girl very much.." Steve paused, and I was curious.
"She's my colleague, and she's very sweet. I just fell for her the first day I saw her and." He was cut off.

"Okay..so who is this unlucky girl." Ashley's voice was heard.

"Ashley!!!" Steve and Chase shrieked.

"Let me rephrase my sentence... who is this lucky girl." She squealed.

"You know her." Steve said.

Who can she be??

His colleague... Is it Sara or Mia... who?

"I know her..." There was a silence for a second until Ashley again  spoke up.
"You mean... ugh... I forgot her name."

"Come on,  pressurize your brain woman." Steve responded.

"Stop calling me woman!!" Ashley snorted.
"Her name ends with Nolan.. right." she replied, and my heart almost dropped.

Nolan??? Is it....

Before I could think any further, Steve humbled in joy.

"Yes!! Miss Naomi Nolan.!!" I could hear him chuckle.

My heart sank, and my whole body was in a shock.