CHAPTER 93

N   A   O   M  I

The cold sweat was tipping down my forehead as fear engulfed my every nerve. Nadia was running towards me but was suddenly shot on her head.
"Nadia!!!" I screamed as I saw it all over again.

Before I knew it, I was drowning in a pool of blood... The blood that belonged to Nadia. Something down there was pulling me down, and I was trying hard to pull myself up. It was suffocating me..

Suddenly, a hand caught my wrist and pulled me out of the blood pool. I saw here and there tho search who was the person behind the hand, but I saw no one.

"Mom!!" I heard a bare whisper from behind.

I soum around and sucked in a deep breath as I glanced at Nadia.

She was covered in blood, her clothes were torn, and her hair was half bald..
"You didn't save me!" She whispered in a broken voice.
"You let me die." She cried.

"No!" I cried and shook my head vigorously in no.

"You even left dad on his own-"

My eyes snapped open as I was breathing heavily with my chest rising up and falling down. I wiped my sweat from my forehead and looked around for a glass of water. I immediately chugged the water down my throat and tried to calm myself.

I took my phone from the nightstand before opening the photo album. The first photo was my wedding photo, with me and Harold posing weirdly at the camera. I swiped to the next photo, and again, it was a wedding pic. A small smile curled up my lips as I glanced at the pics. I kept on swiping until I reached the pic of Harold and me with the baby Nadia in my arms. It was the day when Nadia was born. Harold had the biggest smile on his face, and I had a weary smile because I was exhausted. I swiped again, and there was a pic of Nadia and Harold holding their guitars and posing for a photo. There was another adorable pic, where Harold was inside the kitchen whipping the batter and Nadia was on the counter, licking the ganache. There were so many pics of Harold, Nadia, and me, which only contained happiness. I was feeling alright now. My breathing was steadied. This is the therapy I use to overcome the fear that I feel because of the nightmare.

I swiped, and then, there was a bundle of pics of Hayden. He was just like Nadia in looks. He got my dark brown hair and deep blue eyes from Harold. In precise, he was our little Harold except for his hair. I glanced at Hayden, who was sleeping soundly beside me. A sad smile touched my lips.

I wonder how Hazel is???

My eyes welled up as again I remembered that miserable night. I was so consumed in rage that I couldn't even think properly. I was out of my mind that day because of anger, pain, and trauma. I showed the worst colours of my and broke him apart. I didn't even think twice before leaving Hazel behind. I was so blinded with rage that I didn't even think about how he's gonna take care of a newborn baby. I was.... ruthless.

Even he was broken that day and to add up to his misery.. I shattered him without even thinking from his perspective.

I sighed and closed my eyes before wiping my tears out.

I wanna sleep, night it's too hard to sleep. Every night it's just like this... haunted. I'm haunted to death whenever I have a nightmare. Maybe this is the punishment for hurting Harold in all possible ways.