CHAPTER 56

H         A         R        O        L        D

Did I hear her right??

Or is my ear buzzing??!

"Pardon?!!" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Um.." her cheeks turned red all of the sudden as she started playing with her fingers.
"Last night um... I was alone and I was having fever, headache and all, and there was no one to take care of me, it's not like I want you to take care of me,..it's just that during fever, I don't sleep alone. Back in New York, I always had Kate and Zach at my home for sleepovers, whenever I used to catch fever." She gave me a sheepish smile and massaged the side of her neck.
"So will you please.... just for a night...can we share a room?" The last sentence was barely a whisper.

And I was in a dilemma, last time when we shared a room, I did not sleep well because of her hands and legs trespassing my personal space. And how can I share a room again, I'll just clearly say NO!!

I stood straight and took a deep breath.
"N--" I was cut off.

"Please king." She whispered with a pout and glistening eyes.

Resist it!!! You can resist it!! Come on, I can do it!! RESISTTT!!

"Sure, just for a night only." I replied and her face lit up with utmost delightness.

"Thank you!!!"

"And however I can't keep carrying you, you weigh like an elephant." I smirked and in return her face turned red.

I don't know why I love to annoy her??

"Excuse me!!!!" She glared.
"I weigh like a feather." She scowled.

Yes, true indeed. But let's keep going on.

"Oh really--" I was interrupted by her.

"Who asked you to carry me because I did not." She glowered.

"I was just helping you, Miss Nolan." I don't no why am I so amused by her.

"And then you get to call me an elephant!!!!!" She emphasized on the last word.
"And you... you look like a... gorilla."

Gorilla!?!!

Her nostrils flared, her forehead creased, she lips pouted and she made weird voice.
"Oh-oh-oh-oh.." She bent her back a little and scratched her tummy and her hair.

And now it dawned on me, she was actually mimicking a gorilla. I spluttered with fits of laughter as she stopped her actions and glared at me.

"Can you please do that again, the mimicking of gorilla." I laughed and she stuck her tongue out at me and spun towards the staircase.

She glanced ahead at staircase and her face contorted.

"Are you feeling faintish?" I asked as I composed myself.

"Yeah!" She whispered still glancing at the staircase.

"Should I carry you up?" I raised my brows in amusement.

She faced me squarely before glaring.
"No thanks!!"

I smiled,
"We are sharing my room for tonight. Come." I smiled and she was scowling at me.

"No thanks!!" She gritted.

"You're having fever and I--"

"I'll manage." She was again facing the staircase and took a step up to climb it.

"OK I'm sorry Miss Nolan, for calling you an elephant. You actually weigh like a feather..." I trailed off as she faced me and her scowl was transfigured into a smile...correction...grin.

"Okay come let's go to your room." As usual, a sudden change in her behavior out of the blue.

She walked forward upto my room and I shook my head with a smile.

She is indeed extraordinary..

"Open your room!!!" She bellowed from the door of my room as I walked upto her and kept my thumb finger on the board for finger scanning.

The door opened revealing my room, Miss Nolan took a step forward, glancing around my room with a ear to ear grin.

"You're room is truly so sooo beautiful!!" She said with a lovey dovey eyes.
"Did you design it by yourself?!" She was smiling.

"Um.. the interior designer did."

"Oh!!!" Suddenly her smile turned sheepish.

"Well, your room defines that you're into music." She stated while looking at the guitars on the wall and in return I smiled.

"You take the bed as you're not well."

"And where will you sleep, on the floor?" She smirked.

"On the couch!"

"But why? The bed is far more big than that of that motels room's bed we can easily share it, it's very big enough for both of us." She suggested and walked upto the bed.

I looked down at the bed and then at her.
"But you keep invading my personal space when you're asleep and that's the problem."

Her face turned red,
"I.. I won't." She took the pillows and started dividing the bed unequally.

I tiptoed towards the bed, she had taken three fourth of the bed for herself and left one forth of the space for me.

I raised a brow at her,
"Actually I need more space because..--" I interrupted her.

"Because you're an elephant." I pursed my lips to hide my smile.

And in return she scowled and rolled her eyes.
"Because I roll on the bed and you..-" she pointed a finger at me.
"However sleep on the edge of the bed, so the little space is enough for you."

I shrugged and she laid on the bed before wrapping the blanket above her.

I walked towards my study table to finish my pending work when,..

"Where are you going?!" She asked as she sat straight on the bed.

"I have some work to do, you go to sleep." I responded.

"Can I switch off the lights?" She asked as I nodded.

I pulled the chair of my study table and sat on it before looking down at my pending files. I switched on the table lamp and started going through the files. But honestly speaking, I was in no mood to work.

I turned my head around and saw Miss Nolan was fast asleep. A smile touched my lips as I remembered the past events when she came here first. I was quite impressed by her as she took a stand against the wrong. I don't know why Dylan told her that I was into mafia. As she thinks of me as a mafia leader, she thinks that I traffic girls around the countries. The way she yelled at me the day she overheard my conversation and mistook it. I was impressed, she reminded me of my mother that day.

She was not at all petrified.

I wonder why she likes Dylan so much, I mean the way she brags about him..it's too much. I don't know what Dylan has that I don't....

Well, I'm talking rubbish.

I shook my head and focused on my file but I was not able to focus on it. My attention was going somewhere else.

Maybe I should just go to sleep.

I switched off the table lamp and walked towards the window. I opened it and then strolled towards the bed.

I sighed while watching her sleep.

She has indeed occupied three fourth of the bed.

I laid on the edge of my bed and turned to the other side and closed my eyes.

I hope I won't get a nightmare tonight.

_____________________