Thirty-Nine

Leah

"You abandoned me." Kayla pouted.

"I did not." I defended.

"You totally did." She argued.

We were currently walking through the packed school hallway trying to make to our next class.

Weaving through people has become a special skill of mine.

"Do you know how shocked your mom was to find me in your bed instead of you?" She added.

I gave her a pointed look. "She wasn't that shock."

Kayla looked thoughtful for a moment. "You're right. She actually called my name and told me their was food in the kitchen."

I chuckled. "You practically live at my house. I'm surprise she hasn't given you a room yet."

"Okay, whatever. I had to be dramatic." She waved me off.

We walked into our final class of the day, Biology. I've honestly haven't seen much of Jace today, but I wasn't actually looking.

Truthfully?

I've been avoiding him.

I've been trying to come to terms with my feelings for him. I just don't know how I would act when I'm face to face.

Walking in to class, Jace and Nate were already seated. They both looked up and smiled.

What did I get myself into?

The guy I'm trying to get over, but just recently confessed his feelings.

And the guy who agreed to my stupid idea of playing my boyfriend, who I now developed feelings for.

Shoot me.

I walked over to my seat very much avoiding eye contact with Jace.

The class started a few moments later.

"I've barely seen you all day long." Jace whispered from behind. Just the sound of his voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Sorry, just been busy." I whispered back and turned my attention to our teacher.

The lesson proceeded and put my direct focus on taking notes. Towards the end of class it was announced that we would be paired up for a project and assigned a topic.

The teacher started to call out the pairs.

Not Jace.

Getting closer to the end there were only a few names left.

Jace was one of them.

"Leah." She started.

Not Jace.

"And Nate." She finished. "You have the the topic of Cell Division."

My eye widen.

Ah damn. Not Nate too!

Believe it or not Jace and Kayla got paired up. That's a pairing I did not expect.