Sixty-One

Leah

"How rich are these people?" Jace asked incredulously.

"Rich." I told him simply as we stood in front of the Rylan's huge mansion like cabin. It was two stories tall and expanded over the middle of the large property. There was a tall entryway with heavy glass doors to lead inside. A grand deck swung out from one side of the property that led down the lake further down.

"Clearly." He said shaking his head in disbelief.

We were currently here at the Rylan's cabin estate  which was thirty minutes out side of town because Jace and myself were invited to their annual Pre-Thanksgiving dinner. They were know to host this gathering with a few of their closest friends as the Rylan's were big on spending the holidays with just family, but still wanted to include their close friends.

Friends-giving as it's termed now.

"On a mission, remember?" I told him as I rung the doorbell. "You're suppose to charm information out of Mrs. Rylan." I glanced over to Jace. He was dressed in dark denim jeans and a deep emerald green sweater was under his jacket. His dark brown hair was tousled perfectly which allowed his hazel eyes to glow. "She is infatuated by you."

A smirk landed on his lips. "What can I say? Mothers love me."

I rolled my eyes just as the front door swung open and I was met with dark blue eyes.

Ah crap.

Nate's eyes shifted between Jace and I as I gave him an awkward wave which he didn't return. I haven't seen him since the coffee shop and I wasn't sure how he was going to react. And I didn't know how to approach him myself.

Especially since Jace is here.

He just shook his head either in disbelief or disappointment. I couldn't tell. He step to the side and gestured to enter the house. "Come in." He said briefly.

Jace and I entered the house and I turned around to officially greet Nate, but the door was shut and he was long gone.

I felt disappointed rush through me. What did I expect? I did flatly rejected him after all.

"Trouble in paradise?" Jace asked. His tone held smugness.

I couldn't let him know exactly what was going on between Nate and I because that would lead to me confessing my feelings for him and I was not ready for that. Not with all of this going on.

I waved him off dismissively. "Don't worry about it. Just focus on why we're here."

Jace arched a brow to my response just as Mrs. Rylan entered the foyer. "You've both made it!" She exclaimed in excitement.

Her light brown hair was pulled back on a sleek ponytail. She was dressed casual or as casual as the rich could get. Black designer pants that flared slightly at the ankles and a cream cashmere sweater. A set of dainty diamond earrings hung simply on her.

She pulled me into a bone crushing hug. It quite literally pushed the wind out of me. "Dinner is not ready as of yet, but I could use your help." She stated before releasing me and pulling Jace into another one of those bone crushing hugs.

Bad Intentionsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें