Fifteen

Leah

Many punches and a whole lot of frustrated kicks later and I was on the verge of passing out. I'm pretty sure those black spots aren't suppose to there. This was the most active I have been in a while and the lack of it was showing.

Damn you, Netflix.

I wearily threw another punch into the bag as I felt my muscles start to ache. Wanna impress a guy? Don't go boxing on the first date.

This was not a date, so I was safe.

Every now and again Jace would come around to give me pointers on my stance and how to properly throw a punch. He kept saying that I may be great at throwing a punch, but I need to be able to predict my opponent's moves. He kept going on and on about it and the need to be vigilant.

On and on.

How can someone talk so much about one thing?

I should have been annoyed at his constant talking, but I really couldn't be. Every time I get the slightest bit annoyed, I would look up and meet his eyes which would be gleaming with happiness as he spoke and that alone made my annoyance disappear. I have never seen this side of Jace before. I may not know him well, but from around school he seemed very closed off.  He only showed what he wanted people to see and that was at most the bare minimum.

Jace was known to have a cold and hard exterior. He never spoke to anyone other than Ian, Luke and the girls he was trying to impress. His reputation matched the image he was trying to give off. There were many rumors floating around about him, some said he was arrested many times over, he dealt drugs, he was part of a gang and so much more.

Now, are any of those rumors true?

No one knows. Jace has never denied or accepted any of it. He has just let it build his reputation. But that didn't stop girls from throwing themselves at him and did he enjoy that.

Bad boy, player, heartbreaker. And now,

Human?

My arms dropped to my side as I rest my forehead against the bag, exhausted. "Why did I let you convince me to do this?" I asked trying to catch my breathe.

I need to work out more often.

Jace chuckled. "Because you want to be able to kick my ass." He reminded me.

"Right. Watch out, Emerson." I warned placing my hands in fighting position. "I will beat your ass one day." This causing him to let out a chuckle once more. "I need water." I told him as I felt my throat get drier with every word.

Jace released the punching bag and pointed straight ahead. I followed with my eyes.  "There's a water cooler over there. It has super cold water." I nodded and immediately took off over there.

I'm sure I tripped over a jump rope and narrowly dodge a punching bag, but I was too focused on the thought of delicious water to give a care on the world.

I took off the boxing gloves as I made my way to the water cooler. Halfway through me throwing punches at the bag, Jace thought it would be better if tried with the gloves instead.