Chapter Eleven - Out of Comfort

Chapter Song - Come Together by The Beatles

"I don't want summer to end," Hallie whines as I brush her hair, a small pout formed on her lips as I do her hair in a cute up do. 

"I know, neither do I," I empathise with her. "But do you know what that means?" I lean down, whispering in her ear.

She frowns. "No?"

"It means Halloween is closer," I say and she gasps.

"You're right, Lolli! Now I have to think about what to dress up as!" she exclaims and I laugh lightly, placing a ribbon in her half up half down hair do. 

"You have a little while to think, so don't worry, babe," I smile and send her back to her room to get dressed. 

Bridie walks in, her simple pony tail now a frizz from the slick neat pony tail it was this morning. I honestly have no idea how she does so much in her day to get her to this frizzy state. It honestly astounds me.

"Okay, what do want? Up or down?" I ask her, taking her high pony out and beginning to brush through the frizz. 

"Mm," she taps her chin in thought. "Piggy tails!" she exclaims and I nod sharply.

Brushing through her hair, I part it down the middle and scoop up one side into a high pig tail, then doing the same to the other side. Grabbing two green ribbons I place one in each pigtail and then use a little gel to slick her hair back. Hopefully to conceal her wild frizz, which isn't natural, it just appears from her constant running around. 

"You're done," I tap her shoulders, and she thanks me before running back into her room.

Walking back to my room, I finish lightly curling my hair, letting them set before I brush them out. While letting them set I begin my make up, which is simple and consists of a little concealer, highlighter, mascara and lipstick with a little lipgloss on top. 

Tonight Danny, the girls and I are going out to dinner somewhere. I'm not sure where but Danny said it was somewhere a little fancy. Which I'm a little nervous about because I'm not sure how to dress for a 'fancy' restaurant, simply because i've never been to one.

But, we're celebrating the end of summer break, since Hallie goes back to school in the next few days - which she is not at all happy about, but who would be? 

Finishing up my makeup, I put on a simple slightly fancy black dress, decorated with small roses on it. It's got a spaghetti strap sleeve and is quite flowy, reaching down to my mid thigh, great because its quite humid tonight. 

I put on some simple black flats, check my make up and hair in the mirror, grab my phone and bag, before going downstairs. 

"Hey, girls ready yet?" I ask, walking into the kitchen as I rummage through my bag trying to find my lip gloss. I look up when Danny doesn't answer, his eyes are raking up and down my attire and under his menacing gaze my body flushes.