Chapter Sixteen - Little Ballerina

Chapter Song - Raspberry Beret by Prince

Bridie looks like a pink explosion as of now. Dressed in light pink dance tights, a baby pink leotard and her hair tied into a high bun which is adorned with a pink satin ribbon. 

Today is Bridie's first ballet lesson, and she's the most nervous i've ever seen her. Bridie is quite a confident and outgoing child, she loves to try and experience new things. Though as 4pm creeps around and Hallie, Bridie and I prepare to leave for ballet - Bridie becomes eerily quiet. 

Which is incredibly rare. The last time she was quiet was when she ate a tray of chocolates, and tried to rid the evidence of the empty box. 

"I'm scared, Lolli," Bridie speaks softly. 

I crouch down to her level. "I know, and starting new things can be scary, but I promise once you get there you'll have tons of fun dancing with all the other girls," I encourage her, and she nods. 

I peck her forehead, before grabbing Hallie and Bridie's dance bags, making our way to the garage. I buckle the girls into their carseats and get into the drivers side myself, before making our way to 'Busy Bee's Ballet,' where Hallie has been attending ballet lessons since she was Bridie's age. 

Now it's time for Bridie to begin ballet lessons, she's nervous, but I know she's excited since she's been non-stop chatting animatedly about it all week. 

I park in the customer parking lot and get the girls out, before we head into the studio. Hallie runs down the hall and places her bag in a cubbie outside of her dance classroom, greeting some of her dance friends at the door. Bridie holds onto my hand nervously, staying quiet as we walk further into the studio. 

We walk down to one of the classrooms and I help her put her bag in one of the cubbies outside, before heading inside. Girls and a few boys run around full of energy, some are sat on the floor talking and some are running around playing before class starts. 

"You wanna go play with them?" I ask Bridie, she doesn't answer.

I crouch down. "This is a chance to make some friends Bridie, and do you know what that means?" I ask her, she shakes her head. "That means we can set up playdates, and while Hallie is at school you can have someone else over to play with, instead of just me," I tell her, and her eyes light up like fireworks. 

In a matter of seconds, shy quiet Bridie is gone and she's over with a group of girls her age chatting with them joyfully.

I smile, before heading over to a secluded sitting area behind some glass where the rest of the mums sit, chatting with each other. A pit of nerves swarms in my stomach as I notice the pearls, red gel nails and expensive Birkin bags sat at their feet. 

Oh, fuck me. Maybe they'll be different? Lets hang on to that hope. 

Walking in, I take a seat on one of the plush ottoman seats and try to ignore the intense stares from the mothers, but I feel their sharp gazes zooming in on me. I wish I was invisible at this moment.