Chapter Forty - Tis' the Damn Season

Chapter Song - Claus Vs

Chapter Song - Claus Vs. Clause by JD McPherson

Christmas, the merriest time of year. One filled with light, love and the sudden urge to give a dollar to every person you walk past. Or random people that dress up as Santa on the street. 

Shockingly my vomiting wasn't the most frustrating or tiring part of this morning, it was the girls. Who, of course, I love to pieces, but I was really tempted to lock the bedroom door and ignore the twos plea's of putting up the Christmas tree. 

But of course, I gave in and so did Danny. Even he tried to send them to bed for at least ten more minutes, but Bridie wasn't having it. Especially since she threw a five minute tantrum on the hallway floor until we gave in. 

Lovely morning, indeed. 

As I sort through a box of baubles, the girls rummage through the tangled tinsel, specks of reflective tinsel coating the floor. I can't wait to clean that up. 

"Need any help?" I ask Danny as he hauls in a big freshly bought Christmas tree. 

He shakes his head. "I got it," he says. Good, because I wasn't going to help. 

Gawking, I watch as Danny lifts up the tree to a stand. His biceps flex as he grunts and my lower belly flutters at the rugged sight. Oh fucking christ, this is difficult. 

Stabling the tall pine tree, I try to tear my eyes away from the way his back muscles flex as he places his hands on his hips. Broad shoulders and strong arms, I'm teased by the temptation to jump his bones. 

Thankfully Bridie and Hallie are in the room to keep my insatiable side to a minimum. Pregnancy is super strange, why am I so horny?

"Trees up, girls. You can start decorating," Danny tells the girls and they squeal, jumping up and grabbing a rope of tinsel. 

Taking a few breaths, Danny slumps on the couch next to me. I focus on untangling some string lights in my lap, hoping it'll keep the lustful thoughts at bay. 

Oh god why does he have to be so hot? Slightly sweaty and dressed in rough denim jeans and a skin tight black t-shirt, clinging to his abs. 

My eyes continue to drift, his arms flushed with veins and his prior hand prints re-flame across my skin. The craving lust crawling up my spine, as the usual need is amplified and my heart skips beats from the need. 

Snapping my gaze away before he notices, I turn back towards The Grinch that plays on T.V. It was apparently illegal that we hadn't watched The Grinch yet from the wise words of Hallie. But I'm not complaining, it's a great movie. 

"Mumma look!" Bridie points to her section of the decorated tree. 

I smile. "It looks beautiful, sweetie," I tell her and she smiles brightly, before re-focusing back on the tree.