Chapter Nineteen - Glitch in the Plumbing

Chapter Song - Feels Like the First Time by Foreigner

Sunday, the last day of the week. The calm before the storm of Monday morning, and everyone is back to the fast pace of working and the dismal reality of life. I quite love Sunday's, they're always calm in their affection - and we have the excuse to never do anything. 

The girls and I tend to play, perhaps watch T.V and relax together. It's a day of unwinding before the rush of getting Hallie ready for school, early mornings and helping Hallie with homework - gross

It's finally the end of the day, the girls are tucked away and fast asleep and it's my chance to take a nice warm shower, do some skincare, relax and then go to sleep. Perfect, because I'm tired from the entire week, but when aren't you when taking care of kids?

Ridding myself of my clothes, I step into the bathroom and reach into the shower, turning the nob for the hot water - or what is meant to turn on the hot water. There's nothing coming out. 

I twist both taps again - nothing. Okay, what the fuck? 

I twist again and continue trying, but nothing. Just the squeak of the taps and emptiness of my cold stone shower. I let out a loud groan of annoyance, then go back into my room, wrap a towel around my naked body and head for Danny's room. 

He's handy, I mean he's not a plumber, but i'm sure he knows his way around the insides of a shower.

Walking down the quiet hall, I reach Danny's room in no time since our bedrooms are next door to one another. I knock on the door, but get no answer. So very slowly and warily, I turn the nob and creek open his bedroom door. 

Peeking in I see an empty room. Huh? 

Though my confusion is soon depleted when I hear the running of the shower - his shower. He's in the shower or was, because I hear the water stop and them some movement coming from his bathroom. 

Oh fuck, what do I do? Stand here? Go back out his door and pretend I didn't come in? Fuck, fuck, fuck-

"Daphne?" A deep gruff voice questions and I freeze, my spine prickling with tingles from the sound of his voice. 

I turn around and holy mother of Mary and Joseph, he's naked. Okay, not completely naked, theres a towel covering the lower half of his body, but he's naked underneath that towel.

And my lord his body is nothing short of muscular perfection. Don't stare Daphne, don't stare. Oh, sweet Jesus this is mortifying

"Uh- um," I stutter, my eyes automatically darting down to the hard abs that belong to Danny. He's in his forties, right? So how does he have the body of an incredibly athletic 20 year old? Perhaps it's the hard labour that comes from his job.