Chapter 01: Hues of December

"Each day brings new hope"
______________________________________

The sound of Azaan e Fajar echoed in the whole street as loud as can it get. The masjids were soon packed with people offering their Namaz with jammat. It is indeed blissful to start your day with the name of Almighty Allah. He is the Creator and He is the one who knows each and every move of us either it be good or bad.
The alarm buzzed in the otherwise quiet dark room which was kept desolate of any light. Its darkness overshadowed the figure that soon woke up by the blazing alarm which was in no mood to be silent.

Groaning she woke up to close it off only to realize that it's her time to pray. Without further delay she woke up and rushed in the washroom. Making her waduu, she quickly covered her head with her wrap up shawl and spread the prayer mat. Doing her niyyah she started to pray. She went in sujood thanking her Lord for giving her another day, another hope in the form of a new day.

Hareem joined her hands for the Dua and pour her heart out in front of her Lord, in his court. After having read the tasbeeh on her fingers she wrapped the prayer mat and placed it back in its place. Wrapping the shawl tightly around her as it was still chilly as it was just the first week of December. She loves winter since childhood. She loves having ice cream, drinking coffee or tea and biscuits all these things gives her a warm feeling and just increases her love for winter more.

Walking slowly towards her mother's room as she knows she must be reading the Quran, she knocked the door lightly and entered inside. There sat her mother Iram reading the Holy Quran. She sat beside her and looked out of the window. Karachi had very less winter days. It is usually warm even in the winters as the weather tends to stay dry and less cold.

Today was an exception, it looks like that there'll be some cold days coming. The wind blows softly putting a smile on Hareem's face. Iram pecked the Holy Quran and blew all the verses over her daughter then herself. Hareem smiled at her mother's gesture and placed her head in her lap. She closed her eyes and breathed a sigh.

"Sou jou Hareem. Abhi time ha subha hone Mae"
( Sleep Hareem. It's still time till morning).

Humming she closed her eyes and slept.
Upon opening her eyes the bright light coming from the windows, thanks to the curtain that were drawn out almost blinded her. Rising up in a sitting position she looked at the time that read half past ten. Her university was off today and she was glad of it. Today is a very special day. She was still in her mother's room and quickly went into her own and washed up quickly. Coming out of the washroom she chose her dress for today to wear. It was a beautiful teal green three piece shalwar suit.

Hareem's suit

Hareem's suit.

Wrapping her hairs in a half updo she descended downstairs. The fresh aroma of tea and omelette hit her nostrils awaking her desires to just sit there and enjoy the meal to the fullest. She went inside the kitchen and saw her mother making the breakfast. Iram always liked making food for her daughter and family. Hareem being a very good daughter keeps telling her not to tire herself a lot, but inside her heart she loves the food made by her mother.