Chapter 36: Fatah

"To be a winner
You must plan to win
Prepare to win..and
Expect to win"
____________________________________________

Rohaan:
I read the file in my hand cautiously. It was the autopsy report of Arthur Mills. It was clear in the reports that he was murdered by some poison either given to him by drink or mix with food. I put it back down and got hold of another file which has the details of his call records. The last three call logs of his mobile phone were of some unknown numbers. The time duration lasted almost an hour, so it must be a very important call for him. I wrote the number on my diary. If I'm correct, this call must've been done to call him to the place where he was found dead. I looked at the number and called my personal investigator.

"Boss". I heard his voice on the other hand and said to him

"I've send you a number, trace it and get all the necessary information".

He nodded and I know he will find whatever there is to found. He is skillful in his work and very secretive. No one can identity him as a soy because he blends in with the crowd. I sighed and rested my head against the back of my chair. I'm home right now. The last week has been tough. The final trial is in fee days and I still have to find the last blow to this case. Plus Stanton has been on my ears all day. I have to pretend to be on his side, so I can win his trust. I need to be as close to him as I can get to unveil his wrong doings in front of the whole world. He has already wired a million dollars in my account and I instantly started my investigation on it.

From my perspective the money is not from hard work. It is illegal and black money or should I say...blood money. I know I've been followed and that's why I'm super careful of my actions because one wrong move and I'll brew in my own juice. All this hard work and struggles will all go down in vain. I cupped my face in my hands after I ended the call. My head has been hurting a lot these days.

The pressure of the case is just too too much. I rested my head on the table and sighed loudly. Only a minute has passed by when I felt the soft touch on my head. Fingers were pressing into my forehead and I groaned at the feeling. Lifting my heavy eye lids to glance at the person, I found my beautiful wife staring at me. I smiled a little only to have her rolled her eyes at me. I pouted at her angry face. She held my hand and whispered softly

"Get up".

Her voice was gentle yet stern as to tell me that she's angry and not going to buy any shitty excuses of me. I followed her silently like a lost puppy. Well I'm too much in love with her to even wander in the desert with no water. She guided me to our room.

Our room

It has a nice vibe to it. Since she has entered in my life, I feel like I've found my missing piece. She's like that piece of puzzle that was lost a long time ago and now that she's here that puzzle has been nurtured back to it's true form. Now that's she here, everything is more beautiful and meaningful and now that's she here....

My life has found it's meaning.

I was a free bird before her, but now that's she's here I'm not afraid to live in this pulchritudinous cage till the last of my breath. Allah has bound us in the most purest and scared bond of all. We have been coupled by Allah's grace and indeed because of him we are together now. I'll forever be grateful for Allah for awarding me with this reward.

I was brought back from the chains of my thoughts when she tugged at my hand. Only then I noticed that she was standing with a bottle of oil in her hand. I chuckled at the bottle of mustard oil. It brings back those nostalgic times when I used to sit between the legs of my mother while she ran her soft motherly hands in my scalp massaging it with great love and care. She urged me to sit on the bed and I complied without any complaint. She poured the heavenly oil in my hairs and start the magic of her hands. I sighed at the feeling. Her hands were moving in circles, sometimes her fingers pressed a little too harder which immediately calm my nerves. I closed my eyes and just fell in love with this woman a lot more than before if possible. If my love has a limit now it has surpassed all those limits and thus my love for her is limitless, wordless, and never ending.