Epilogue: US

"Allah binds us
Fate tied us,
Love finds us"
____________________________________________

The rainy weather of London was a sight to behold. Many have been waiting for the first drop of sky water as it rained down and pitter patter on the roofs of the houses, roads and on the bonet of the cars. The sound was nothing, but a blessing to ears as it provided the sense of calm, relief and utter joy and happiness. The wind smelled of petrichor and sky was transforming into shades of different grey, blue and white. It is a perfect day to bake some biscuits and enjoy a cup of tea.

Who wouldn't like a cup of tea in this rainy weather?

Or a rainy cab ride?

But that's not what Hareem was thinking.

She wasn't enjoying this season to the fullest. In reality, she was hating it. This rain infuriates her. This rain was salt to her wounds. This rain was like a flood that drowned her happiness. She wasn't supposed to feel this way, but can she help herself?

No!

She has been sitting on the couch seat by the window since an hour waiting for the rain to stop. She was tapping on the glass window as if silently begging and pleading the rain to stop. It was her first time witnessing the rain here in London. The apartment she lived in provided a great view of the street that was paved between the roads beautifully. She could smell the faint aroma of doughnuts and other delicacies as everybody rejoiced with this precious weather.

But that's not what Hareem was doing.

She was here, after all, waiting for this situation to end. She glanced at the clock that read six in the evening, but due to the cool atmosphere it looks like it was midnight already. The sky was resembling a dark sheet of blue blanket now. The sun visibly disappeared behind the shadows of the clouds.

She sighed when all efforts went down in vain when rain only fell harder. Her steps were cautious taking her back to her room when she heard the click of the door. Her eyes darted towards the slight sound and she saw the drenched figure of her husband at the threshold of the door running hands through his soaked hair and taking off his wet coat. Her eyes brimmed with tears seeing him as she literally ran past the line of stairs and crashed into her husband's arms.

He was, of course, not expecting this warm welcome stumbled back a little when her tiny figure collided with his chest. He regained from the initial shock and huddled her frame to his chest as she weeps silently. He softly pulled her inside and locked the door while she still stuck to him like a cute little panda. His shirt was clinging to his chest and he hates it when the soaked shirt comes in contact with his skin. It was like needles to his already tired body, but he cared less. His weeping wife was more important to him than his own self. He slowly caressed her hairs as she pulled away to glance at him with her wet lashes from which salt water flowed down without a care. He wiped those tears and said

"Kiya huwa ha Meri Jaan?"
(What happened my Love)

She only sniffled and replied in a meek voice
"It's raining".
He chuckled at her innocent complaint. She frowned but continued

"I wanted to go out for dinner with you".

His heart swelled at her little remark. Of course, she must be sad. She has a right to be saddened. It's been over a year since they both got married and settled permanently here in the U.K. She's been missing their family since so long, but she has to have her citizenship to travel. The problem was solved, but he's been insanely busy with his work to spare little time to her. There was a time when he was so focused on work that he didn't even come home for a night. They got into a heated argument which finally resulted him in understanding that his wife was feeling lonely.