Chapter 05: A broken heart

"I wish fate had a better timing for us"
______________________________________

Rohaan's Pov:
I punched the bag for the umpteenth time. It went straight to the wall and just floated in the air for a while until I got a hold onto it. Grabbing the bag with the help of my hands I placed my forehead onto it panting lightly. My thoughts invaded my mind once again igniting the beast inside me as I started punching the bag again. I punched and punched until I saw the bag fell down the floor as it rope broke.

I tried to stable it but I fell to the ground with it to. Feeling utterly frustrated, I kicked the bag and it went rolling on the floor as it crashed with the door with a light thud. I sighed and placed the back of my head onto the wall behind me. Fortunately, it was still early as the clock read only 5 in the morning. I has been awake since 4 and sleep was the least thing that came up to me.

From the last half an hour I've been on the rooftop punching the bag as I discarded all my anger and frustration on the it. I could hear the thud of my heartbeat in the quiet atmosphere of the rooftop. The sun hasn't even came out yet as it was getting near to Fajar. Soon I hear the call of the prayer and I stood up from the ground. Walking back to my room quietly as possible as to not disturb the others although I know they all will be awake for Fajar anyway. Waking straight to the bathroom, I glanced at my features in the mirror. My eyes looked dull and face looked stoic almost void of any emotions. Well it was the truth. Since the day Mama has came back from Nana's house and told us about the family they went to see for Hareem turned out to be good people I wasn't feeling me anymore. I was just....going on with life. I only wake up, eat, work and just go back to sleep as I was a robot accustomed to some task or routine to follow daily. There was nothing new and there was not a single thing that inspired me to do something productive. I was just moving on with life.

After making my waduu I prayed mh Fajar Salah. I go to the mosque but right now I was feeling tired due to lack of sleep. As I sat on the prayer mat with my hands spread to make a Dua. I prayed for everyone in my family. I prayed for their well being, I prayed for my country I simply prayed for all. Lastly I prayed for me. I prayed to Allah to give me peace and enough patience to deal with the roughness of fate and life. I ran my hands over my face and placed the prayer mat back into it's place after folding it neatly. I fell on the bed and a tired groan left my lips.

My hands were aching as I just tortured them way too much in my anger session. I looked at the time and it was reaching six. I placed an alarm on my phone and turned on my side. I gazed out of my window just staring at the vast wide sky. Sometimes I think how much wide the sky is. It has been spread into millions of miles. It's striking blue colour made its so enchanting that sometimes I just want to gaze at it for a long time. It has been my habit since childhood that I always gaze up at the sky. I feel some eternal kind of peace just watching the blue sky. The feeling that my Allah is with me and is watching over me through these clouds just add more to my eternal peace. As I laid gazing at the sky I don't know when did the sleep consume me.

My not so deep sleep was disturbed by the faint knocking on the door. I opened my eyes realizing that the light coming from the window was more bright. I sat up instantly and a curse left my lips as I looked at the clock only to find that I overslept.

"Shit".

"Rohaan?". I heard my mother's voice. Running a hand over my face I quickly opened the door as to not keeping her waiting at the door. She looked at me and I gave her space to come inside. She asked

"Rohaan are you fine? You never wake up late for office."

She stated as she stole a worried glance at me. It was true. I never compromised when it comes to my career. Being a lawyer is not an easy job. I have to be on time and be prepared. So, I never wake up late as I like to be on time however today was an exception. Though I don't know how many exceptions will come from now on.

Rewrite the StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara