I - Friendly Introductions

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?"

"Shit." The Umbrella Academy spoke in unison, looking upon Ben.

"Ben!" Klaus exclaimed, a gleeful smile on his face. He was pleased to see Ben, well...not dead. He had spent so long with the ghost of Ben, it was a relief to be able to encounter him alive. However, Ben did not look so pleased to see Klaus.

Luther stepped forward from the crowd of Umbrellas, squinting at Ben. "Is that really you?"

Ben simply tilted his head, scowling at Luther.

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Diego raised his voice, his eyes darting between the shadowy figures. Klaus flinched, hunching his shoulders at Diego's booming voice.

"They are the Sparrows

"They are the Sparrows. My children." Reginald said, his voice hoarse and ageing.

Number Five frowned, turning his body to face Reginald. "I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man."

"Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" Reginald held his hands out as his 'children' descended from the balcony, suddenly facing the Umbrella Academy.

Klaus, on the other hand, was much too distracted by Ben. "Everyone else can see Ben, right?" He smiled, thankful that he didn't have to always feel as though he was going crazy for seeing his dead family member.

Sparrow Ben simply smirked. "Cute hat, Sundance."

"They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn." Reginald adjusted his monocle.

Number Eight rolled her eyes. "Claim? Ah, Reggie, you always did talk about us in such a loving way! Five, what the hell is going on?" She asked, eyeing up the members of the Sparrow Academy. She was confused, though happily amused, that one of them was a floating cube.

"I don't know yet, but it's concerning." Number Five replied, stuffing his palms in the pockets of his jacket.

"Is he telling the truth?" One member of the Sparrows asked. He was stood at the front of the group, implying he was Number One.

Viktor shook his head. "Not the part about is being perfidious."

"No, we're amateur-fidious at best!" Klaus chuckled at his own words, earning a strange look from each one of the Sparrows.

"But we are his children. Though it is unfortunate, we are. This is our house." Number Eight tilted her head, not feeling remotely intimidated by the Sparrow Academy members who were glaring at her.

Luther decided that it was time for him to interject. "Yeah, yeah. We, uh... We grew up here." He pointed.

"Yeah, we grew up here." One of the Sparrow men mocked Luther in an immature voice. He was quite the character, with a deformed skin texture and a slightly chubby tummy. The rest of the Sparrows chuckled at his words, despite the fact that they weren't actually that funny.