II - Time Travel Is Complicated, People

The family groaned simultaneously as they trudged through a local park, dragging their heels heavily underneath their bodies. Each of them was exhausted and worn down, to the point where they could barely lift their own limbs.

"Just going to sit." Luther puffed, trying to catch his breath. "I'm just going to sit for a minute." He sat his heavy body down on a wooden bench, exhaling heavily as he did so.

Diego stood with his hands on his hips, stretching out the muscles in his shoulders. "That didn't go well."

"No, not our best work." Number Eight scoffed, revelling in their loss. "Five, will you crack my neck for me? It's so stiff now."

Number Five nodded simply, taking a seat on top of the picnic table that Number Eight rested upon. He placed his slender hands on either side of Number Eight's neck, gently, before swiftly pulling it to the right. Number Eight instantly felt the stiffness in her neck vanish as each and every bone in her neck cracked individually. Meanwhile, the rest of the family watched in horror.

"Oh my God, you're cracking." Klaus sang as he sprawled out on one of the picnic tables.

"You should not be able to do that." Diego cringed at the sound.

Number Eight began stretch out her neck, rolling it from side to side as Number Five kept his hands against her skin. She could feel the cool metal of his wedding bang pressing against the side of her neck. "Thanks, Fivey."

Allison watched Luther closely, noticing his distant expression and picking up on the fact that he was very quiet. "You all right?" She asked, pulling him out of his daydream.

Luther shook his head, once

Luther shook his head, once. "I don't know yet. I've just never had my ass handed to me like that before. It's like... here you go." He held his hands out. "It's your ass."

Allison watched Luther, her expression blank and disbelieving. "Okay, I think Luther's concussed." She rubbed his back with one hand and wiped the drying blood from her nose with the other.

"Luther! How many fingers?" Klaus asked, holding three of his fingers up in front of Luther's face.

Luther gasped dramatically. "Oh my God. Viktor!" He realised that Viktor was not sitting with the rest of the group.

"Oh. Thank God you're alive." Viktor sighed in relief, entering the park just on cue.

"Apparently, so is Ben." Klaus shrugged his shoulders, folding his lips into a contorted smile.

Allison scowled slightly. "Yeah, and he's a complete dickhead."

"They're all dickheads." Number Eight scoffed, reminding herself of her fight with Jayme.

"Dickheads who can fight." Luther agreed as an achy and weary Viktor sat beside him on the park bench.

Number Five kissed his teeth. "Okay, next person to say 'dickhead' is getting a punch to the throat." Number Five said, trying his best to regain authority over his family. Over course, due to their chaotic nature, this did not go to plan.