XXVIII - The Hotel Was A Facade

"The sigil is in the lobby floor!" Number Five yelled over the edge of the balcony to the rest of his family. He was exhausted, his skin was washing into a pale shade of white and his arm was in agony, but he knew he had to keep fighting to keep his family alive.

Number Eight frowned at what Number Five was saying, until she looked at the tiles and noticed exactly what he was talking about. "It's in the stars!"

"Children, find a star on the sigil. Stand on it! Ben, now's your time. Quickly, boy!" Reginald instructed.

"Seven stars, seven of us

"Seven stars, seven of us. We're the bells?" Viktor suggested, his eyes darting around his family members.

Number Eight frowned from the balcony, hearing the conversation. "There's nine of us. Diego, Lila, Allison, Klaus, Viktor, Sloane, Ben, you and me. How's this going to work? Come on, we need to go." The girl grabbed Number Five's whole arm, knowing that he would need support.

Allison attempted to step on one of the stars, however, she was quickly dismissed by Reginald.

"No." He held his hand out in front of Number Three. "Not you."

"What?" Allison muttered, feeling well and truly ostracized by her father figure once again.

In the near distance, a familiar snarling could be heard from the remaining guardian, who had awoken after being knocked unconscious by Luther's ghost.

"Hurry! It's the only way to stop him!" Reginald ordered his children, pointing at the stars.

There was only one star remaining, and Allison was glaring at it despite Reginald's instruction.

"Number Five. Number Eight. Quickly! You two will fit on the one star." He gestured to the two who were standing at the bottom of the stairs before pointing at the star.

"Hold on." Number Five held out his remaining hand to Number Eight before the pair blinked onto the star. As soon as they landed on the remaining point, an electrical energy current surged between each star, connecting the family members together by a crippling pain.