XXI - A Very Drunken Wedding At The End Of The World

"Not sure this place is going to be big enough." Klaus shrugged his shoulders as he entered the banquet hall with the rest of his family.

"There better be an open bar." Allison sighed before sauntering off in her own direction.

Lila held her arms out between her new family members. "Hey, come on. It's for Luther. Let's perk up."

"Wow." Number Eight's eyes widened as she entered the room behind the human barricade that was her family. Despite the circumstances, Luther and Sloane had managed to make the banquet hall look truly beautiful. Golden, jewelled chandeliers hung from the ceiling, illuminating the room with a warm glow. A disco ball littered sparkling reflections around the hall and small lanterns centred each of the round tables.

"Well, it's nicer looking than our wedding was." Number Five shrugged, placing his hand on Number Eight's lower back.

"Yeah?" Number Eight questioned, tugging at the hem of her dress that Lila had donated to her, considering she didn't own any. It was tight to her shapely body, accentuating her figure, and was a deep shade of navy blue. Number Eight's only complaints were that it was so tight she could barely breathe and it was ever so slightly too short for her liking.

Number Five chuckled. "Well, yeah. We got married in the apocalypse. There was no one else there and we were surrounded by dust."

"You know what, good point." Number Eight giggled, however, the sound of a door slamming loudly distracted her.

Behind the family was Luther, who had just entered the hall with Viktor by his side. He was wearing a white, ruffled shirt with a black bow tie and matching suit.

"Ah, I see you've gone for the oversized button-down

"Ah, I see you've gone for the oversized button-down. Original." Allison looked Viktor up and down, who was indeed wearing an oversized button-down shirt with a small waistcoat over the top.

Viktor scoffed, rolling his eyes. Despite initially being upset by his and Allison's argument, he was now simply growing irritated by her constant nit-picking comments. "You do realize there are no paparazzi here, right?"

Number Eight sighed heavily before standing herself in between Allison and Viktor. "Listen to me, you morons. This is Luther's day, all right? So if you two can just get along for a couple of hours, you can consider that his wedding gift. Two hours. Do you think you two children can manage that?" The girl smirked at the bickering pair.

"Fine." Viktor muttered between gritted teeth.

"Whatever." Allison sighed.

"Let's get this shit over with before I die of cringe." Ben snarled, throwing a small glass of alcohol down his gullet.

***

"We're gathered her today for a good time, not a long time, so let's have a good time, huh? 'Cause the sun can't shine every day. Can I get an amen?" Klaus yelled to his family members, who cheered in response. He stood before Luther and Sloane, preparing to initiate their ceremony of unison. Viktor stood behind Luther as his best man, and Lila behind Sloane as her maid of honour, whilst the rest of the family witnessed the ceremony from their seats.