XII - Oh No... Homicidal Rage

"Holy shit." Lila cackled, keeping a tight grasp of her coat, wrapping it tightly around her torso. She looked around the once familiar Commission building, noticing that it was now derelict and abandoned. The floor was scattered with rubble and demolished paperwork, whilst the air was littered with dust and debris. "I was just here. How long was I bloody gone?"

Number Eight giggled. "Ah, Lila, as much as I hate you, I love your Britishness."

"It seems the grandfather paradox is affecting everything. Even places out of time." Number Five sighed, adjusting the cuffs of his suit sleeves.

"Is that possible?" Number Eight asked curiously, tipping her head lightly to one side. She kept her eyes on Number Five's suit as he fiddled with it, noticing how it was particularly flattering on his body shape.

He scoffed lightly, moving to the collar of his shirt. "I stopped tracking what was possible a long time ago. I mean, Lila's here, Eden is here, the world has started to end three times now. Nothing can take me by surprise nowadays."

Suddenly, a piece of the ceiling crumbled to the ground, merely missing the three superhumans. Number Five instantly took Number Eight's hand through instinct, pulling her close to his body so that she was out of harms way.

"You okay?" He said quietly, his chin resting on the top of her head as she hugged his chest tightly

"Oh yeah, don't worry about me guys." Lila rolled her eyes, brushing down her jacket which had managed to gather some dust from the ceiling.

Number Eight sighed. "Yeah, I'm okay." She began to raise her voice in irritation. "However, I am growing sick of everything TRYING TO KILL ME!" She yelled, hearing her echoing voice bouncing between the Commission's collapsing walls.

Number Five chuckled at his partner's hot-headed, impatient nature. "Come on, we better get moving. Eight and I will check the Infinite Switchboard."

"And I'll check Herb's office. Little cockroach would survive anything." Lila pointed in the opposite direction to where Number Five had previously gestured.

Number Eight clapped her hands together, smiling sarcastically at her blonde counterpart. "Ah, Lila. You're so pleasant."

"Bye!" Lila yelled as the pair headed upstairs.

"See you." Number Eight replied coolly.

"Miss you!" Lila continued to taunt.

Number Five frowned, shaking his head back and forth. "That's weird."

Lila finally grinned before skipping away from the pair, wandering down several corridors in the Commission, hunting for Herb's office.

Number Five and Number Eight soon found the Infinite Switchboard, however, it was definitely not how Number Five remembered it. The lively room that the machine had once been homed in was now dark and forgotten. The atmosphere was so cold that Number Eight could see her own breath.