XV - Please For The Love Of God, Put The Skin Away

Viktor re-entered the hotel bar, feeling mentally exhausted and worn down to the wick after his difficult conversation with Harlan. His limbs slumped heavily from his body, resulting in an aching posture. However, his mind was much too occupied to think about his stature at that current moment.

"Hey, it's time. Where's Harlan?" Number Five asked, folding his hands into his suit pockets as he looked upon Viktor.

Number Eight frowned as she felt a concerning aura throughout the room.

"He's gone." Viktor said, so quietly that it was almost inaudible. His body language was closed and reserved, and his voice was timid as he spoke.

"You let him go, didn't you?" Number Eight asked quietly, lifting her eyes from the ground so that they met Viktor's. She could sense the answer without even needing any further conversation. Number Eight looked at Viktor sorrowfully, fearing the worst for the decision that he had just made.

Viktor hesitated for a moment, his eyes darting between those of his family members. "Harlan's death is not going to stop the Kugelblitz. It's just going to be another tragedy on a tragedy, and we can find another... I will find another way."

Each member of the family either audibly sighed or rolled their eyes at Viktor's response, growing weaker with infuriation. All any of them wanted was a break.

Number Five fluttered his eyes closed before planting his head on Number Eight's shoulder. He was feeling purely defeated.

"Well, congratulations, Viktor." Luther chuckled. "You managed to destroy everything. Again." He scoffed, before leaving the room without another word.

Viktor looked distraught, unable to put any words together in order to defend himself. He looked between his family members, hoping that at least someone would defend him. He didn't receive the outcome that he had hoped for.

 He didn't receive the outcome that he had hoped for

"I really thought you were smarter than that." Number Five sighed sadly, looking at Viktor and reminiscing on their childhood. He knew that Viktor was always one of the most intelligent family members and had the most common sense, however Number Five was growing to feel disappointed.

Viktor simply nodded with a tight-lipped smile before exiting the hotel bar, feeling deflated and alienated from the rest of his family. 

"Well!" Klaus scoffed, jumping down from the bar top that he had been sat on. The blue suede loafers that were once on his feet were now held in his hands, and he was clapping them together in celebration. "That went great!"

Number Five and Number Eight sighed in unison before joining Klaus at the bar.

Klaus grabbed a large bottle of alcohol before messily pouring three shots, getting more of the alcohol on the bar top than in the glasses. "There."

"Thanks Klaus." Number Eight grinned weakly. "Where the hell is Eden?"

"Oh, she will be off frolicking with Stanley somewhere!" Klaus clapped his hands together before slamming the alcohol down his throat.