XXIII - The Great Debate

Once again, the Hargreeves' family were huddled in the hotel lobby, prepared to share their opinions with one another.

"I think you can all guess which way I'll be voting." Allison spoke, standing before Reginald. "We've all been through a lot. We've all lost people. But their deaths have to mean something. Which is why I'll be voting to go with Dad."

Number Eight frowned at Allison, finding her contradicting behaviour odd. "Hm, weird that you're now all holier-than-thou all of a sudden. This whole time you've been arguing with everyone and shutting down every idea to fix this, but now you're saying this? What's changed, Allison?"

"Nothing's changed, smart-ass." Allison scoffed at the sceptical Number Eight, who still glared at Number Three with distrust in her eyes. Number Eight could tell simply from feeling Allison's aura that something was going on.

"Let's go save the bloody universe!" Lila yelled at the top of her lungs, punching her small fist through the air

"Woo-hoo!" Klaus celebrated half-heartedly.

Diego shook his head with a small chuckle. "All right, well, since she said yes, I vote stay. How's that for nice?"

"You're not being serious." Lila scoffed, placing her hands on either one of her hips as she frowned at Diego.

"It's his vote, Lila. Klaus?" Allison turned her head to Klaus, who was distracted by the chipped nail polish on his fingers that he was picking at incessantly.

"I am with Father." Klaus pointed towards Reginald, who grinned smugly.

Allison shrugged her shoulders as she looked between each of her family members. "Okay, that's four to one. Viktor?"

Viktor sighed. "Look, I wanna believe, okay? I really do. I just can't shake the feeling that we don't know what we're getting ourselves into." He spoke rationally.

"No, but we know what we've got if we don't. We have to go into this together. Viktor. A family." Allison was clearly trying to persuade Viktor, however, it seemed Number Eight was the only person to pick up on it.

Number Eight leant closer to Number Five, whispering in his ear discreetly. "Allison is up to something. My powers are going crazy here. I think she was the one talking to Reginald the other night."

Number Five shot Number Eight a bizarre look before realising what her powers acting out truly meant. She was able to sense an abnormal aura from Allison.

"You can't just keep throwing the word 'family' around." Viktor sighed at Allison. "It isn't enough. I vote stay."

Allison's face contorted in frustration before she turned her head to Luther, who was cuddled up closely with Sloane. "Luther?"

"Um... Sloane and I talked, and, well, we're out. Look, we want to spend whatever time we have left together, and not fighting some guy with a sword and ringing bells and stuff. So..." Luther spoke as though he was nervous. He had always tried to do everything Reginald had asked of him, so going against his father's wishes was very much against his nature.