XXII - Less Brothers Grimm, Please

"What the-" Number Eight groaned as she sat up from the hard surface she was laid upon. Her back ached, her head throbbed, and her eyes were clouded. Stretching out her cramped muscles, the girl winced as she opened her eyes to a room of bright lights. "Oh, Christ."  A loud clattering sound from her left side caused her head to pound painfully.

"What did we get up to last night?" Number Five asked with a raspy voice and squinted eyes. Number Eight turned her thumping head to find Number Five curled up on a metal shelf above the kitchen's stove. Meanwhile, she was sprawled out along the kitchen floor.

Number Eight began to stand up, instantly feeling dizzy and nauseous as she did so. "I have no idea, I can't remember a thing. But the fact that I feel asleep on a kitchen floor does not bode well." She gagged slightly as her hungover body moved.

Number Five sat himself upright on the shelf, his legs dangling off of the edge. His tie was askew, his waistcoat was hanging off of one shoulder and his hair was sticking up all over the place. "I remember Dad speaking to someone. What was the old man up to?" He pondered aloud.

"Well knowing Reginald, it's not going to be something simple now is it. Now please, let's get out of this god forsaken kitchen. The thought of food is making me feel as though I could projectile vomit." Number Eight sighed, holding out her hand towards Number Five.

***

Number Five and Number Eight sat with their legs dangling over the edge of the only remaining chunk of the Earth. Surrounding them was the Kugelblitz, which was now the size of a whole new planet. It was continuing to slowly swallow up what remained of the world, which was now only the Hotel Obsidian and its car park.

What Number Eight saw before would have once terrified her, but her feelings were now so numb that she was unfazed. She scowled at Number Five as he took a swig from the bottle he was holding. "Ugh, how can you even think of drinking more alcohol?" She winced at the liquid, getting awful déjà vu from the night before.

Footsteps could suddenly be heard approaching the pair. Without even turning his head, Number Five knew who was behind him. "Reginald."

"I take it you know why I'm here." Reginald said simply as he looked upon the couple with a thick book in his hand.

"How about I save you some time? Give you the 'no' upfront. We're not the least bit interested in this bullshit plan you've been cooking." Number Five scoffed.

Reginald frowned at the boy. "It's not, as you so colourfully called it, bullshit. Mind if I join you?" Reginald asked, however, he had already sat himself down beside Number Five.

"We would actually appreciate some solitude but it seems we won't be getting any

"We would actually appreciate some solitude but it seems we won't be getting any." Number Eight rolled her eyes.

"It's impressive, isn't it?" Reginald said, looking out at the carnage that was before them. The air was consumed with amber clouds of smog and chunks of the Earth occasionally floated into the endless abyss around them.