XVII - Allison Finally Loses It

"Where the hell have you two been? And what the hell are you doing, Diego? Stanley is gone! We need to face this!" Lila stormed into the Buffalo Room. Diego had already informed Number Five and Number Eight of his and Lila's findings of the secret tunnel behind the wall.

Number Five stared at the strange looking puzzle on the wall whilst the chaos erupted behind him. "Hm, it's got to be related to this whole Project Oblivion that Pogo was talking about."

"Just check the chimney!" Diego yelled at Lila whilst looking under a mattress. Obviously, Stanley was not going to be under a mattress, but this was Diego.

"He's not in the bloody chimney! He's been Kugelblitzed!" Lila retaliated.

Diego scowled at Lila, spinning around on his heels rapidly and grabbing her arm. "Whose fault is that, huh? You're the one that brought him here!"

 "Whose fault is that, huh? You're the one that brought him here!"

"Congratulations. You're both mildly bad parents. Can we focus? Come on. How did this thing open before?" Number Five gestured towards the secret door in which was sealed completely shut.

"You shouldn't be calling us bad parents. Eden was with him! And I don't know. It was already kind of open." Lila retorted, folding her arms over her chest as her eyes darted between Number Five and Number Eight.

Number Eight stepped towards Lila, her eyes never breaking from her stare. "Lila, I swear to God, if you unwillingly dragged my kid to this timeline and ended up getting her Kugelblitzed, I will kill you without a second thought."

"My God, she gets a tattoo and suddenly she's got even more attitude than she did before." Diego rolled his eyes at Number Eight, who was indeed feisty and full of attitude, though that was nothing new. "What tattoo did you get anyway?"

"I got two." Number Eight rolled up the hem of her shirt so that it sat just underneath her bra line, revealing the two small tattoos that she had on either side of her ribs. On the left side was a delicate tree with a snake curling up the trunk. On the right side was a simple 'V'.

"Is the V for Viktor?" Lila asked innocently, tilting her head to one side.

Number Eight sighed in frustration. "And here I was thinking you were the smart one in your relationship. No, the V is the Roman numeral for Five. The tree and the snake represent the Garden of Eden. Because, you know, Eden."

"Cute." Diego shrugged his shoulders before continuing to look for Stanley inside of the room's wardrobe.

"I like it." Number Five nodded in approval, snaking his arm around the girl's lower back before planting a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"I like it too, Eight. Very... sentimental." Lila was being sincere, for once. "But anyway, why'd you wanna go in there anyway? It's just sushi and death."

Number Five gestured his spare arm towards the sealed door, keeping his other one tightly around Number Eight's waist. "Well, you were there, Lila. When we met future me in the Commission bunker, I warned myself about Oblivion. Now, Pogo told me- "