ChApTeR-6❤️

After half an hour of waiting around.... Virat and Jammy bhai are finally called to the dining table for the brunch. And to Virat's delight, it was his favourite. He expressed his approval in his typical fashion i.e. screaming -"Yayyyyy CHOLE BHATURE!!!! "

He excitedly sat down to eat it while the older ones just smiled fondly at his antics. They sat with him to eat. They noticed that he was being very uncomfortable and that's when they noticed some cuts on his hands.

"Tumhare haath ko kya hua Virat? " Rahul bhai asked.

"Woh woh main ball catch karne ka practice kar raha tha...toh chot lag gayi" Virat said fumbling. He was a terrible liar. The elders in the room could easily tell that he was lying but they did not press him. They played cricket and knew those cuts were not from catching a ball. They saw how painful it was for the kid to move his hand.

"Hatt, mein khilata hoon" Sachin pa said as he moved his chair closer to Virat.

"Lekin paaji, aapko bhi toh khana h.... Mujhe dard nahi ho raha. Mein kha loonga apne aap." Virat protested.

"Acha ji! Tu toh super Virat hai na jo dard nahi hota tujhe."

"I think we should dress it properly first" Jammy bhai said as dada nodded. And obviously ignoring Virat's protests of how it was not hurting and how they didn't have to bother themselves with it, Jammy bhai dressed his wounds carefully. He blowed softly on his hands whenever Vi would hiss or inhale sharply. It was clear to him that those wounds were not caused by catching a ball. An eye contact with his besties confirmed the same.

After dressing his wound,they sat down to eat again.

"Paaji, mein khaloonga" Virat whined in a desperate attempt to make Sachin change his mind.

"Beta, mein puch nahi raha tha, bol raha tha. Ab muh khol apna!" Sachin pa said in a commanding tone.

"Par -" Virat tried to protest again.

"Mere khilane se tujhe koi problem hai? " Sachin asked.

"Nahi pa -" Sachin took the opportunity to stuff a bite in the kid's mouth. Virat just resigned as he knew that no arguments would work here and opened his mouth for another bite. And slowly, the food in front of them vanished as they continued to poke fun at each other and made each other laugh .

After breakfast, they all moved to the living room and sat on the sofa.
Dada was the first one to speak-"So, Virat, I heard that you play cricket quite well?"

"I don't think I can play that well bhai. I just try to mimic what you guys do in tv to the best of my abilities. Jo kuch bhi aata hai, sab aapse hi seekha h." Virat answered.

"Wait -so you mean to tell me that you aren't professionally trained? "Sachin pa asked shocked.

"Yes."

"But you play so damn well! I so thought that you were a trained player." Sachin pa said still in awe.

"Okay, that right there is a high praise coming from my bestie. If he says that you're good, you have to be amazing. Mind showing us some shots of yours? " Dada asked

"Abhi? " Virat asked.

"Aur kab?" Sachin asked. "The sky is calm and sunny. What a weather to play cricket! " he said excitedly as he grabbed Virat's hand and dragged him outside. Virat had to run along with him to keep up with his over excited idol.

They went to the practice ground. No one was there because it was a holiday at the academy. Virat and Jammy bhai paired up while Sachin pa bowled and Dada decided to be the commentator. Actually, he wanted to see Virat batting. His bestie never praised someone to make them feel good. He never gave fake compliments.. So he wanted to see what exactly was it in the kid's that made Sachin so adamant on watching him play. And he also wanted to check on Virat's hands condition. He only knew the kid for a few hours, but he knew that Virat would definitely score a 0/100 at taking care of himself.

"Sachin pa bowled the first ball to Virat. Virat hit it with with all his might and it went for a six. The next one went for a four. The third one again for a six.. and then he hit a couple of boundaries before hitting a six again!

The seniors were impressed by his batting for sure. After 5 overs, dada came up to Virat and said.

"Virat, you got a talent inside of you to play cricket. How would you like it if you could play for India? "

"I can play for India? " Virat asked with his big smile... Yes, YEs,YES!!!HE DID WANT TO PLAY FOR INDIA. That's all he had ever wanted.

"After a bit if training, absolutely! I need to talk to your parents though." Jammy bhai said.

Virat's smile dropped a little and the three seniors shared a puzzled look as to what happened.

"Kya hua Virat? Parents allow nahi karenge khelne ke liye? " Dada asked. Parents normally were more concerned about their children's academics than their passion these days. And he thought that Virat was in a similar situation.

"Woh baat nahi hai Dada, woh main kabhi mere parents se mila nahi hu."

"Kya matlab tum apne parents se nahi mile? Woh aur kahi rehte hain kya? " Sach pa asked puzzled. Jammy bhai looked like he had an idea what Virat was getting at.

"Nahi pa,woh mujhe bachpan mein hi chhod ke chale gaye. Mein toh pehle se hi orphanage mein rehta hoon."

Sachin pa had never felt so useless in life. He felt bad that he had asked the kid such a sensitive question with zero tact.

"Koi baat nahi, ham tumhare warden se baat karlenge. " dada said and Virat cracked a smile again.

"Dada and I need to meet Mahi and the other kids. We'll be back soon though. Sachin will drive you to the orphanage so you can get whatever you want from there. Okay?" Jammy bhai said as he looked at his watch. He had told the kids that he'll meet them in the evening. Even if he was a second late, the kids would shown tantrums.

"Thike bhaiya!" Virat said gloomily. He was kinda sad that Jammy bhai and dada were leaving but understand that they had other commitments. He cheered up at the thought that Sachin pa would be with him.

"Ham jaldi aajayenge" dada said as he saw the kiddo's gloomy face and hugged him before hugging his bestie as well and got into the driving seat of the car. Jammy bhai followed his friend's lead. And after hugging Sachin and virat, sat in the passenger seat, prayed for his life and waved at the kid and Sachin who reciprocated till the car vanished out of their sight .